The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Favorite MF lens focal length

woodyspedden

I use the 55 and 80 for about 65% of all my shots. Then comes the 150 for maybe 25%. The 35 is the next 5% followed by the 110 and 300 for the final 5% combined.
For me Jack

On the Hassy the 28mm, followed by the 100 2.2 and then the 180 V lens perhaps with a 1.4 tele extender captures most of my shots. Your mileage may vary but I am Happy. Love the Zeiss look...just MHO

Woody

PeterA

That was the lens I really wanted Peter was the 35mm on the Alpa
I cant wait for the Rodenstock 23mm - have already sold my Schneider 24 XL digitar. The Rodenstock will be the last lens I buy for Alpa - unless I talk myself into longer lenses to use shooting LV tethered in studio.

C

carbonmetrictree

Peter- You took those words right out of my mouth! I will get that damn 23HR however way possible! :D

I cant wait for the Rodenstock 23mm - have already sold my Schneider 24 XL digitar. The Rodenstock will be the last lens I buy for Alpa - unless I talk myself into longer lenses to use shooting LV tethered in studio.

EH21

The schneider 60mm f/3.5 curtagon has logged a lot of time on my Rollei 6008, followed by the 110/2. The 60mm has a special look, and is quite a useful focal length considering the sensor crop. Makes a great macro lens too with the extensions (something that can't be said of the 110/2).

Actually, though I wouldn't want to have to pick a favorite. I've used the 90mm apo, 40mm f/3.5, the 55mm pcs, and the 150mm apo, and the 80mm pqs all quite a bit and I don't feel let down by any of them.