The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 vs Etch-a-Sketch

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
You guys are all crazy - no one has checked out what zoom is best!
It has a unique dual range zoom.
One which goes from the tip of the nose to arm length, and the other which depends only on how far away you can get and still see it.
I prefer about half way in the arms length range.
-bob

Don Libby

Looking for the best method of cleaning the sensor, do I use a shirt tail or somthing a little softer?

Shashin

Looking for the best method of cleaning the sensor, do I use a shirt tail or somthing a little softer?
Kids find licking it clean works.

I just don't know if your tongue will be long enough to reach the back of the mirror box...

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
A T-shirt works pretty well and if a wet-clean is needed, just add a bit of gin which can usually be found on my T-shirt anyway.
-bob

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A T-shirt will definitely scratch your Etch a Sketch's sensor. I only use Sensor Swabs (Type 7) and 1/4 cub Eclipse fluid mixed with one tablespoon of Bleach.

--Matt

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I found that treating the etchasketch to a blast of crushed walnuts produced a superb nostalgic rendering of images closer to traditional matte prints. It's known as the etchasketch "impressionistic" edition

Zerimar

clearly the etch a sketch is also formidable to sports, as it is brilliant at capture. Let's see a MF body do this.