The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Manfrotto 410 head for Cambo?

AndyPtak

I'm looking at the 410 which is a lot cheaper than its big brother, but I'm wondering if it's sufficient for a Cambo RS?

It's supposed to carry ten pounds so I think it would be fine, but i'm unsure.

gazwas

I use the 405 with my Arca Rm3di and its well over engineered for a puny tech camera so I would imaging the 410 would be more than adequate.

Shashin

1+

I mount an Astrotrac with a Pentax 645D riding on a 410 for multi-minute astrophotography exposures. But like you said, it is rated to carry 10 pounds, although I don't understand why you would not think that would be enough to carry your Cambo?

Shashin

Mainly because many companies make false claims about their products.
I have never known companies like Manfrotto or Gitzo make false claims. Actually, I can't think of one major photographic manufacturer that has made a false claim. Well, Manfrotto has rated the 410 accurately as far as I can tell.

JonMo

I use the 410 with my Cambo RS all the time.
with filter holder and shade with no issues.
Is way lighter than my Cube for carting around!:)

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have used the MANFROTTO 405 and 410 .
SOLD them both .
Today I use the ARCA CUBE and the D4 and will never go back again .

Flynnyfalcon

I have both a 410 and a 405. The 410 does everything perfectly well, but I like the extra bulk of the 405 for my 4x5. The 410 holds my Cambo Wide Digi setup with ease along with any 35mm combination I could throw at it.

My 410 does have a tough spot where fine tuning does get difficult. I have never bothered cleaning/fixing it as it still works fine. Drop me a line if you're up for a cheap 410 :)