The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 35mm f3.5

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Cool! Looks like it's performing for you too --- nice old building!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Kurt,
Nope, it has been closed for a little while.
The grandson of the owner/shopkeeper lives next door and came out to ask what I was doing and to introduce himself.
We have a diminishing collection of these old buildings around town.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
Yes, it seems to be just fine. I need to fool around with the processing a bit. The C1 lens profile takes out the pincushion but maybe a touch too much.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bill,
I am using a Phase one P45+.
I am still getting used to dof in this format, but I am very pleased over-all.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Mark,
Yes, there is a certain vague resemblance although in a more rural setting.
-bob

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jack,
One more thing, now I REALLY feel like I NEED the Arca cube,
Why did you ever show it to me?
-bob
:ROTFL:

Just to whet your appetite a bit more, but excuse the images as they are --- ahem -- Canon shots:

and,

and for comparison,

:D :D :D,

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob, Bob, Bob... You KNOW you want to!

:ROTFL:

(And, ask anybody who owns one and they'll tell you it is the simply the best!)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
LOL. I have been avoiding looking at that. Bob you need to get one so when it get's old I have a chance to buy one than.

carstenw

I think I'll get a Manfrotto 410 for my Contax 645, and just make sure that the camera is balanced over the head before use. I am not yet willing to spend more on a tripod head than on a macro or super-wide-angle lens! Maybe one day...

Jim Stone

Workshop Member
Jack,

It IS a beautiful tool ! :thumbs: Any self respecting MFer should definitely have one!! :rolleyes Why would you put your $20K-$40K plus camera system on a "lowly" RRS BH 40 or 55 ? :wtf: Bob and Guy, just push the "Purchase" button !! It doesn't hurt for long !!! :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Cheers,

Jim