The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV Battery charge on FireWire ?

elrafo

Hello!

I need to buy a sony NPF battery for my CFV but no charger are available in stores...
will it charge when the Blad is connected to the Mac ?

thanks to let me know ...

Raph

elrafo

fantastic I found one in a store where I am, Montreal ;)

do you know how if the NP-F570 L is enough for one day shooting outdoor for the CFV or should I get a 770 L instead ?

thanks!

fantastic I found one in a store where I am, Montreal ;)

do you know how if the NP-F570 L is enough for one day shooting outdoor for the CFV or should I get a 770 L instead ?

thanks!
Raph,

The NP-F570 L provides an average of 2 hours of shooting time and the NP-F770 L approx. 4 hours. I used the CFV and 503CW extensively when it was first released and always carried 2 NP-750 batteries (this model battery was current at the time).

elrafo

Exactly Paul, I get this warning, but not in the normal use like on my 5 D for instance... To get an idea of the time left with my battery. Maybe I should allways keep with me a spare battery :)

Raph

The cameras are different as is how they present the battery status. When you see the battery symbol appear on the CFV display it is time to replace the battery with your spare.