The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Line on Frame IR Filter

elrafo

Hello!

Just got a a Used CFV and it works like a Beast.
My only concern is that small line on the top of the Frame of the IR / CCD.do you know if this could be caused by a previous Repair? can it be an issue for the CCD ?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It looks outside of the CCD sensor area so unless you have any image artifacts I'd say that it is completely irrelevant. I don't have the CF so can't comment on whether this is "normal" or not but it doesn't seem to be important. Are you sure that it is on the IRglass or just on the sensor frame/connections?

V

Vivek

The "line" seems to be on the mask that is underneath the IR cut glass. Nothing to do with the CCD or the anything functional.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The "line" seems to be on the mask that is underneath the IR cut glass. Nothing to do with the CCD or the anything functional.
That's what it looks like to me too. Nothing to do with either the sensor or IR glass at all.