The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Totally amazing work

gazwas

First off two sorry's to the moderators

1. For cross posting to another forum
2. Putting this in the MF forum when its more video based

However, this is so amazing it will knock your socks off.

Johannes has posted a thread over on LL that contains a Vimeo link to a company that shoots high speed product and IMO this just has to be shared.

The ultimate tripod

Direct Vimeo link to hopefully get past the mods below.

THE MARMALADE Identity on Vimeo

Terry

The was amazing. It isn't only the execution but the creativity to be able to think about what these things will look like when they story board it.

MaxKißler

This is outstanding, thanks for sharing.

I wonder how much of their work is based on coincidence and guestimation. After all, their projects look like clients would spend enormous budgets for this unique work and as in most cases the more money is being spent the less room there is for coincidence.

emr

Really amazing stuff. I would've thought many of the things they've shot to be CGI if I didn't know.

MaxKißler

Really amazing stuff. I would've thought many of the things they've shot to be CGI if I didn't know.
That was my first thought too.

Does anybody have a link to that youtube vid of a CGI kitchen ad? Some might have seen it..

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
How do we know that the shots of their studio weren't CGI? ;)

Just kidding. Really great video, and I want Spike!

--Matt

gazwas

My first impressions was CGI but as you watch is soon becomes obvious that the robot arm creates the magic. Slow motion is usually static but to have such fluid tracking as well as slow motion just blew me away.

I shudder to even begin to think what this would cost but when you're this good and this unique, being able to showcase your product in a way that has never been seem before, the price is probably the last thing on the clients mind.

fotografz

Cool.

I've worked with companies like that in past doing TV commercials in my former life.

Being on set is mind boggling ... once did a shot of a single drop of wine falling across the screen into a wine glass that was sideways @ 800fps. The camera sounds like a jet plane warming up then wham! the film screams through the camera ... freaking awesome to witness.

Last big shoot I did used the motion control cameras that were built for the movie Titanic ... 2 stories high and fully computer controlled.

Thanks for sharing!

-Marc

Ben Rubinstein

You would know this Marc, is it actually worth the cost to do this for real rather than CGI for the intended usage, i.e. tv adverts? Or is indeed cheaper?

V

Vivek

So, it takes a big team and lots of cash to produce something like this.

Editing is top notch!

gazwas

So, it takes a big team and lots of cash to produce something like this.
Not sure it's just as simple as that or there would be a lot more doing it.

A big team and lots of cash helps but it's all executed in such a slick way that IMO talent, drive, determination and lots of skill play a larger roll.

V

Vivek

Sure they demonstrate that. It is an advertisement for that production company, after all.

I am very impressed with the editing that holds a bunch of special effects together along with quite nice background music.

Just to be clear: I am not sure about the title of this thread. As I mentioned, it is an advertisement for the capabilities they have and is not a stand alone creation/work (that is what the vimeo link says quite clearly, IMO).

Last edited: