The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Great time to purchase a new Hasselblad

Ben Rubinstein

I also got that email, 0% with only a £50 ending fee to fully purchase the camera and no other charges is a very very good deal. Makes you wonder what's waiting in the wings for photokina if they are that desperate to shift stock, probably something pretty good!

Shashin

I am thinking their nomenclature needs a little work for their customer service program. I mean, do you really want to call your "Hasselbuddy"?

JorisV

Makes you wonder what's waiting in the wings for photokina if they are that desperate to shift stock, probably something pretty good!
If you have to believe the rumors a mirrorless camera with almost medium format sensor...

Wait and see I guess...

On a different note, Hasselblad seems to have centralised its Danish and Swedish operations in Sweden:
http://press.hasselblad.com/media/1976215/2012-06-29_pr_centralised-manufacturing-centre_en.pdf
http://translate.google.se/translat.../ekonomi/1.996696-hasselblad-flyttar-hem-igen

gazwas

How about "Hasselbladder?"
Sound like you need a trip to the doctor! :p

Maybe after all this speculation, HB are not going to release anything new at Photokina and this is just a way to kick start sales over the slow summer period and in wake of the new Phase/Credo backs and Nikon D800 whirlwind.

Photokina has got like the Apple developer event where the late Steve Jobs used to say "and just one more (big) thing........"
People expecting big stuff, putting pressure on manufacturers to deliver. Just hope we're not all disappointed....

fotografz

No Thanks! The 'Hasselbuddy' concept is great but I don't personally like the word so can anyone think of a better name, please?
To go along with the zero interest financing ...

Zero-Hassel-Service

"Buddy" implies friend ... I don't need a friend or tricky word play, I need a ...

Personal Hasselblad Service Representative

OR

Personalized Hasselblad Service.

Which, BTW, I already have with my Local rep. who is also an expert photographic Tech guy.

-Marc

fotografz

Maybe after all this speculation, HB are not going to release anything new at Photokina and this is just a way to kick start sales over the slow summer period and in wake of the new Phase/Credo backs and Nikon D800 whirlwind.

Photokina has got like the Apple developer event where the late Steve Jobs used to say "and just one more (big) thing........"
People expecting big stuff, putting pressure on manufacturers to deliver. Just hope we're not all disappointed....
Nothing would surprise me come Photokina. With the possibility of a Leica S3 and M10 assaulting my bank-account, Hasselblad will be in a highly competitive situation for my dollars ...in fact, only one will get any attention from me ... and I am not dissatisfied with the current S2, M9P, or the H4D/60 ... so it'd have to be a spectacular leap forward to open my rusted shut strong box of reserve cash ;)

I'm less interested in an all new platform or some 100 meg back, and would like to see them extract more out of what they already have ... like firmware that jacks the ISO to 3200 FF from the 40 meg back, and 1600 from the 60 meg back ... while maintaining IQ like they did with the 31 and 39 backs previously. Frankly, I'd even be willing to pay for that firmware update which is usually free.

If revolutionary change is in the wind for Hasselblad, it may be CMOS and a bigger Retina type LCD display with touch controls ... if they are flirting with EVF and eliminate the mirror and make for a much smaller body, it had better be 10X better than what is out there right now which I personally cannot stand.

-Marc

fotografz

This looks like UK only
Not only that ... it is for UK Business Customers Only and includes special rates for the Hasselblad studio in London.

This seems more a supportive promotion for professional studios that are beleaguered by the still sluggish economy along with more rumors of a second wave of economic woes, therefore are more reluctant to commit large chunk amounts of cash into upgrading gear.

-Marc

BANKER1

Sound like you need a trip to the doctor! :p

A person "who should know" at Hasselblad told me that something very exciting is coming at Photokina. My speculation is a new back (80-100 MP), a new camera, or new technology of some kind. If Hasselblad comes to Photokina with some warmed over advertising, there will be a lot of disappointed people. Even an 80 MP back is long over due for them, so for me that would be disappointing.

Greg

fotografz

A person "who should know" at Hasselblad told me that something very exciting is coming at Photokina. My speculation is a new back (80-100 MP), a new camera, or new technology of some kind. If Hasselblad comes to Photokina with some warmed over advertising, there will be a lot of disappointed people. Even an 80 MP back is long over due for them, so for me that would be disappointing.

Greg
It would be interesting to know what would excite the MFD market at this point.

Most pros I know aren't that interested in a higher meg count. They tend to be looking for more functionality like True Focus was, or improved per-pixel performance, faster operational speed and streamlined operations.

So, it may be the advanced enthusiasts that will drive more innovations. The most frequent enthusiasts "dream request" I see on all the different forums I read is: 1) a digital XPan, and 2) a large square sensor ... neither of which will happen IMO.

So what could it be that would be deemed "exciting"?

-Marc

SergeiR

Most pros I know aren't that interested in a higher meg count. They tend to be looking for more functionality like True Focus was, or improved per-pixel performance, faster operational speed and streamlined operations.
+10000

(just thought i'd chime too)