The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flexbody CP vs Flexbody

Tony

It appears that the CP version is actually the older original version of the Flexbody Kit and did not come with a stray light protection mask or the multi controller rear cover. Is my assumption correct?

Did hasselblad change the design of the newer Flexbody or did they just add the mask to the newer kits to correct flare issues when using shift or tilt?

How critical is the stray light mask? My understanding is they are no longer made and maybe difficult to obtain.

What does CP stand for?

I am currently shooting film with a 501CM but plan to add a CFV or Phase back in the near future, finances permitting.

Thanks!
Tony

rga

It appears that the CP version is actually the older original version of the Flexbody Kit and did not come with a stray light protection mask or the multi controller rear cover. Is my assumption correct?

Did hasselblad change the design of the newer Flexbody or did they just add the mask to the newer kits to correct flare issues when using shift or tilt?

How critical is the stray light mask? My understanding is they are no longer made and maybe difficult to obtain.

What does CP stand for?

I am currently shooting film with a 501CM but plan to add a CFV or Phase back in the near future, finances permitting.

Thanks!
Tony
I've owned both.
I don't know what the CP stands for. Cheap Prototype? :ROTFL:

The stray light protector is a must have. Without it you have light leaks. But it's not the ones you slide in; those only prevent light leaks when focusing on the ground glass. This is thin, square metal gasket that you must ensure is there. It is around the inside of the rear standard opening (when you take off the ground glass or film back).

The new model has a different holder for the ground glass. With the new model the ground glass is user removable; with the older model it was glued in. The older model came with the old ground glass, not the Accumatte (sp?). So if you get the CP you will probably want to replace the GG as it is hard to see.

This was the most important change and is the REAL stray light protector when exposing. It is different than the ones you slide in. The ones you slide in are for varying degress of back tilt. I really never used any except the clear one, but it was important for ensuring that you could see the ground glass when focusing.
I also recall there was a minor difference in the leveling bubble.

I would strongly recommend that you get an RmFX finder (the right angle one) or the straight finder. You can also use the PM finders. You will need a finder to focus.

Great camera,
Bob

Tony

I've owned both.
I don't know what the CP stands for. Cheap Prototype? :ROTFL:

The stray light protector is a must have. Without it you have light leaks. But it's not the ones you slide in; those only prevent light leaks when focusing on the ground glass. This is thin, square metal gasket that you must ensure is there. It is around the inside of the rear standard opening (when you take off the ground glass or film back).

The new model has a different holder for the ground glass. With the new model the ground glass is user removable; with the older model it was glued in. The older model came with the old ground glass, not the Accumatte (sp?). So if you get the CP you will probably want to replace the GG as it is hard to see.

This was the most important change and is the REAL stray light protector when exposing. It is different than the ones you slide in. The ones you slide in are for varying degress of back tilt. I really never used any except the clear one, but it was important for ensuring that you could see the ground glass when focusing.
I also recall there was a minor difference in the leveling bubble.

I would strongly recommend that you get an RmFX finder (the right angle one) or the straight finder. You can also use the PM finders. You will need a finder to focus.

Great camera,
Bob
Thanks Bob for the info. I will try to find a stray light mask in stock somewhere, but I am not too hopeful. Seems like a lot of the newer flexbody kits available are also missing that mask. It looks like it would easily get lost and also looks fragile.

I have read that it is not used with a digital back but have been able to confirm that.

I have the RmFX finder and I have a PME51 so I am all set in that regard.

Cheers,
Tony

rga

Thanks Bob for the info. I will try to find a stray light mask in stock somewhere, but I am not too hopeful. Seems like a lot of the newer flexbody kits available are also missing that mask. It looks like it would easily get lost and also looks fragile.

I have read that it is not used with a digital back but have been able to confirm that.

I have the RmFX finder and I have a PME51 so I am all set in that regard.

Cheers,
Tony
I used my flex with an Aptus 22 and a P45+. Because I had the stray light gasket, I did not use the flex without it. So I don't know if a MFD will work without it.
My advice is to sell your hassy gear for a tech cam. You won't be satisfied until you do!!
Good luck,
Bob