The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Filter System

Sarnia

The only filters I use are UV filters (to protect the front lens element) and I've always done this on my lenses for my A900 but I'm wondering if a UV filter will degrade the image quality of my Alpa lens?

Dogs857

OK, this is a very old thread, just trying to get what opinions still linger.
So for the STC / HR40, HR70, phaseone 80 and 120 TC, would the sev5n system from Lee suffice, or should I go for the 100 system ? Any other options for long exposures and grads ?
thanks
On my HR40 / HR70 I use the Lee holder. I got a wide angle ring for the 40 and a standard for the 70. The holder is 3 slots and the polariser ring on front. I get no vignetting with this set up. If the Schneider holder is the same you will have no problems.

For filters I use Lee ND grads (0.3,0.6,0.9), Lee Big Stopper (just got this) and some Hitech-Formatt IRND filters as well (1-5 stops).

As for the system I am not too sure on the sev5n. I use the 100mm setup so I can transfer to my DSLR as well if I want to. I don't know if the 75mm filters would work too well if you stack a few, maybe others can help on this one.