The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Triggering RZ33 with Capture One

Transposure

Hello All,
I had a shoot the other day wherein I was photographing a model from above. The RZ67 Pro IID with the DM33 back and motor winder was mounted high on a stand, out of direct reach. Of course I was tethered to my Macbook Pro.
After a failed attempt at firing the camera from CO, I ended up using the dual cable release to shoot mirror lock-up shots while standing on a ladder. I PREFERRED to shoot the camera remotely from Capture One. I tried and it didn't work. I then surmised that the digital back needs a means of releasing the shutter.
So, my two questions are:
1. Can the RZ33 kit be triggered from CO?
2. If it can, what is needed to facilitate that?
Thanks in advance!
Ken

Oh, by the way, here is the shot........

yaya

Nice shot Ken!

Have you got the camera type set to RZ PROIId in Capture One's preferences?

Remote capture should work so I suggest that you either contact you dealer or create a support case on the website so that we can look into it. Give us the serial numbers of both backs and body when you open the case: Contact Support

Thanks

Yair

Yes nice shot, what did u do with all the cherries afterwards?

Yair, a mine of info as usual, I had assumed it couldn't be done, will have to give this a try!

Paul