The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone excited about the Hasselblad rumor and Photokina this year?

tjv

It's weird how Leica and Hasselblad seem to attract the most criticism on online forums. The H5D seems like a winner to me, especially considering the Phase DF+ is STILL way behind in the body stakes.

Just saying...

Aaron

It's weird how Leica and Hasselblad seem to attract the most criticism on online forums. The H5D seems like a winner to me, especially considering the Phase DF+ is STILL way behind in the body stakes.

Just saying...
Hey, you aint seen nothin yet!

If the rumoured mirrorless Hassy product turns out to be anything other than a 'full frame' digital X-Pan or a large square format something.... then the bashing will take on a new vigour! :ROTFL:

gazwas

Just saying...
So you obviously didn't read the Phase One DF+ thread then..... :confused:

bahr

Hi there, I am an h4d-50 user. Been using it now for around 4 months.
My only real issue is the LCD. Does anybody know what improvements hassy has made on the h5d LCD?

And have there been any statements regarding upgrade paths?

Bahr

fotografz

Hi there, I am an h4d-50 user. Been using it now for around 4 months.
My only real issue is the LCD. Does anybody know what improvements hassy has made on the h5d LCD?

And have there been any statements regarding upgrade paths?

Bahr
Speak to your Hasselblad dealer/rep. I already got trade-up pricing.

What camera firmware are you using? A bit ago, Hasselblad issued new firmware that among other things, doubled the LCD resolution (like that which came standard with the H4D/60). It effected the H4D/40, H4D/50, H3D-II/50, M/S Backs, and CFV/50 sensor units.

Sensor Unit Firmware R365

This sensor unit firmware upgrade requires H4D body firmware 2.2.4 and viewfinder firmware 2.2.0

I think the LCD resolution on the H5D is the same as the upgraded H4D Cameras ... or they forgot to mention a new LCD in the H5 launch promo.

-Marc

bahr

Hi mark,

Always find your posts and knowledge of the system extremely insightful.

I believe I'm on the most current firmware but I purchased my camera used from a studio that was not getting much rental on it. There is a hasselblad dealer here in Dubai but not sure if my situation affects the upgrade paths. Any thoughts?

Professional

Speak to your Hasselblad dealer/rep. I already got trade-up pricing.

What camera firmware are you using? A bit ago, Hasselblad issued new firmware that among other things, doubled the LCD resolution (like that which came standard with the H4D/60). It effected the H4D/40, H4D/50, H3D-II/50, M/S Backs, and CFV/50 sensor units.

Sensor Unit Firmware R365

This sensor unit firmware upgrade requires H4D body firmware 2.2.4 and viewfinder firmware 2.2.0

I think the LCD resolution on the H5D is the same as the upgraded H4D Cameras ... or they forgot to mention a new LCD in the H5 launch promo.

-Marc
Send me the trading up pricing, please!!!

bahr

Does the pricing represent the same costs globally.

Would really appreciate it if you could post them as the dealer over here is not giving any indications at the moment.

Hi tareq, I've followed a lot of your posts as well. You are also based in Dubai?

fotografz

Send me the trading up pricing, please!!!
See your dealer. My dealer had to have worked a deal based on some form of pricing from the company, but I do not think it has been officially published, and of course also includes my dealer incentives based on long time loyalty.

Seems very familiar to previous trade ups.

-Marc

fotografz

Hi mark,

Always find your posts and knowledge of the system extremely insightful.

I believe I'm on the most current firmware but I purchased my camera used from a studio that was not getting much rental on it. There is a hasselblad dealer here in Dubai but not sure if my situation affects the upgrade paths. Any thoughts?
I'd simply check the current firmware installed to see if it the one I mentioned.

How to check it is explained toward the end of this video on loading new firmware ... where they double check it has been loaded. If you need the update, follow the instructions on this video exactly and be sure to check the camera and finder firmware numbers, and update those also

Hasselblad firmware update - YouTube

Do you have the electronic spirit level when you push the i button on the back for a few seconds?

Marc

Stefan Steib

I was close, but even I did not expect them to go 5x the price of the base Sony Nex 7...........wow - chuzpe !

Regards
Stefan

RVB

Meh, Who cares.

This is not a photographer's camera by any stretch of the imagination.

If it brings in money for Hasselblad, that's fine ... as long as they do not neglect the H system.

-Marc
Good assessment.. it will be a good thing if it boosts Hasselblads financial situation and we see better H series products released..

Rob

Dustbak

The Lunar is a non-event IMO. Something in the line of the Ferrari H, where I think the H is even more useful.

I think no current H user will buy this, solely meant for show-off purposes. Hopefully it will rack them lots of money.

The hope for a mirrorless body that uses HC lenses was pretty silly actually, the lenses do need that distance from the sensor (unless they did something funky with glass like with the HTS).

Ah, well.... as long as the clip-on battery is here we could always use our H backs on things like Alpas.........

downstairs

I just saw the H5D page. Here's some amazing copywriting:
"There is never any time like the present to start building for the future. And if you think 35mm is good enough for this stage of your career, then you’d better hope that your clients are also willing to settle for “good enough”. The best clients, however, are almost never willing to settle for “good enough”. And why should they, when there are photographers out there who can provide the best? And providing the best is what Hasselblad and the new H5D are all about.
Scared?

johnnyngai

I would feel better if Hasselblad announced digital XPAN instead of alien NEX7. I wonder do they know where their customers are?

I hoped that the new Hasselblad management could do better than Shriro, but I think they are no better. I not against Hasselblad by posting in this forum, instead, I am so sad to see once my favorite camera producer vanishing.

Some people think that my previous criticism is not true, and Hasselblad do provide support for V lens users by providing converter to let user mounting their lens on H camera. However, for the price they charge, I really not expect that I need to operate my camera this way, it is no difference than I mount my V lens in a Canon. Besides, I have no idea why they require to change the magazine mount. I have a CFV39 and I can only mount it on V camera, I need to buy another back and camera if I really need to use auto camera. Are they try to force customer to pay more for something that nearly unnecessary. Hasselblad 200 series is so genius and let us use both V/F lens in their native mode, they have the capability to produce another modern camera function like 200 series. For uncountable number of customers still keep their beloved V lens, they are begging Hasselblad to answer their call. I do not understand why Hasselblad neglecting them that and exploring very hard for new customers.

If they do not know how to manage their business, they can look at others, see what Leica or Nikon do. ( Lieca do answer R customers' call by providing DMR on M8/M9, and the new Leica M should answer the call of R users)

pedro39photo

Meh, Who cares.

This is not a photographer's camera by any stretch of the imagination.

If it brings in money for Hasselblad, that's fine ... as long as they do not neglect the H system.

-Marc
Very good point Marc ! resumes what i feel.
I just want the great H system continuous surprise us...in a positive way.
And please Hasselblad, any plus income money of this "LUNAR Camera" can lower the prices of 250$ for a litium battery or simple charger.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Has anyone seen the specs on the new Hasselblad 24mm?
I just had a look at the spec sheet and it says that it still does not cover full format and is designed for digital format only which is 37x49mm. Also only works on H2D,H3D,H4D cameras only.
See attached clip.