The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your humble opinion on Hasselblad V WA

schuster

After shooting Hasselblad "V" systems for about 30 years, my shortest lens has been the 150 (other than the ArcBody Rodenstock wides). So now I'm in the market for a 50, 60 or 80, but I'd like your experienced opinion on which is the "sharpest" and user-friendly for my IQ-160 back, please.

Paul Spinnler

The best WA in MFD ive ever used is the 40 CFE IF. IT is sharp into the corners almost like a tech cam lens. But only the latest version not the CFE.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The best WA in MFD ive ever used is the 40 CFE IF. IT is sharp into the corners almost like a tech cam lens. But only the latest version not the CFE.

I can only agree to what Paul says .
The 40 CFE IF is an outstanding lens . Next to that I find the DISTAGON 60mm very good as well and I would prefer it over the latest 50 DISTAGON .
Unfortunately only available as used . Its out of production and stock .

cerett

I have a 40 CFE IF that I purchased a while back before going heart and soul into digital. I love the lens so much that I purchased a CF adapter to use with an H3D. How would you compare the 40 CFE IF + CF adapter to the current line-up of Hasselblad WA lenses? Do you think it is worth the extra work that goes into using this combination?

Stefan Steib

The Zeiss Distagon 4/40 IF has a measured center resolution of 200 LP/mm. This is crazy and probably one of the sharpes lenses built ever. This is the reason why we use it as a base lens kit for our Hartblei "Optics by Carl Zeiss" Superrotator 4/40 IF.
BTW - Hartblei is the last remaining Distributor of new Zeiss MF Glass worldwide (besides new old stock of V lenses or Sinar M lenses who also used this lenskit for Digital Photography ) although we use it on 35mm mounts.

Regards
Stefan

schuster

Thank you, gentlemen, for your most valued opinions. (That harbor scene is one of the best examples of wide angle capabilities that I've seen.)

bensonga

one of my fav shots with the 40CFE IF, CFV39

Great image John. Everytime I see this image, the thought crosses my mind that I really, really should get a CFV-39 for those wide angle shots that my CFV-16II just can't produce. The 40 CFE IF is truly an outstanding lens. :thumbs:

Gary

Ben730

The 40 CFE IF is my best lens. I also use it with an adapter on my cambo wrs and have 11 mm shift with sharp corners and up to 15 mm with a bit loss of sharpness. The distortion if necessary can easily be fixed with the alpa lens correction software. The perfect thing is also that I have a bright image in the viewfinder with this wideangle on a techcam. I would be interested to compare this lens with the rodenstock 40 hr.....
Ben

Last edited: