The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter now available

rga

We have now posted our extensive preliminary review.

The executive summary reads: The results are preliminary but Phase One IQ, P+, and Mamiya Leaf Credo backs work with a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter - but only after changing a power setting in the menu of the digital back. Also, there is some concern about extended rapid shooting, and the adapter is still quite new, so like any change to the core of your workflow, make sure to test extensively before using in production.

Naturally the executive summary is not comprehensive, so if it's important to your workflow I advise you read the entire article: Thunderbolt Adapter Testing of Phase One and Leaf Digital Backs.
Thanks for your work on this Doug. Using my MB Air for T/S field focus will help me make it until an IQ is in my future. Much appreciated,
Bob

photo570

Leaf Aptus II?

We have now posted our extensive preliminary review.

The executive summary reads: The results are preliminary but Phase One IQ, P+, and Mamiya Leaf Credo backs work with a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter - but only after changing a power setting in the menu of the digital back. Also, there is some concern about extended rapid shooting, and the adapter is still quite new, so like any change to the core of your workflow, make sure to test extensively before using in production.

Naturally the executive summary is not comprehensive, so if it's important to your workflow I advise you read the entire article: Thunderbolt Adapter Testing of Phase One and Leaf Digital Backs.

xinchenc

It does not work for AFi-II 12, even if you set the digital back is powered by the AFi/Hy6 camera body battery.:angry:

archivue

It does not work for AFi-II 12, even if you set the digital back is powered by the AFi/Hy6 camera body battery.:angry:
so it will probably the same for my leaf Aptus II 7, and Aptus 22... oh, thank you apple, i was waiting for this test to buy or not to buy a retina...

by the way, i had some trouble with my Aptus II 7 plug to my macbook pro 13" 2.53 Ghz intel Core 2 Duo (tethered shooting using C1)... i've fixed it using an unibrain powered repeater... but then i can't shoot without main power...

xinchenc

my appple is the new macbook pro retina.

Now I need a powered firewire repeater to get the AFi-12 work. It seems that when I use AFi on my Linhof on location/in the field, I need a 12v-16v rechargable battery.

Now the lighter Macbook Pro Retina becomes heavier.

Frits

FWIW: it works flawlessly for me.

- MacBook Air 13" (2011)
- Phase One P25+ back (on a Hasselblad H1)
- Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter (Apple), Moshi FW800 to FW400 adapter (both ordered from the online Apple store).
- Set tethered power source to "battery", as mentioned above.