The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MFD R+D Changes: Former Hasselblad R+D Manager Joins Team Phase One

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Some changes in Medium Format R+D, in the works for quite some time, were announced today:
- Claus Mølgaard, VP of R+D for Phase One will be joining Apple (though remaining a P1 stock holder)
- Michael Rosenberg, will take over as Phase One's VP of R+D, leaving his position as Corporate Head of R+D for Hasselblad

On a personal note I can say that Claus is an incredible person. Though only occasionally (since he worked out of Denmark), I had the chance to work with him in person. He was passionate, creative, thoughtful, and a really nice guy. I'm sad to see him go, but very glad for him that he'll be ending up at Apple (every nerd's dream I think). They are very lucky.

I have not met Michael, but his resume of R+D management and hardware engineering at ScanView, Intel, ColorCrips, and Hasselblad sure seem rock solid. I look forward to meeting him and can't wait to see what Team Phase One will innovate with him at the helm of R+D.

Last edited:

hcubell

Very unfortunate. This appears to be a HUGE loss for Phase One. You can almost tell from the defensive tone of the press release.

gerald.d

Timing of this is interesting on two fronts.

I reckon Apple were caught unawares with the Nokia 808, and realise they have some catching up to do. Particularly with the (alleged) impending release of PureView in a Windows 8 phone.

That these moves have been in the planning stage for some time (why would Apple wait so long to get their man?) might be because key R&D projects at both Phase One and Hasselblad have just wrapped up.

More fuel for the fire of Photokina rumours :)