The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

HY6 mod2

EH21

Well it seems pretty clear that DHW has now gotten license to work with both the firmware and the hardware so that's exciting news. I wonder what they have done or plan to do in terms of improvements?

Anders_HK

The best news is that the Mod 2 will be all black!!
Graham, from where did you get the info?

Black is interesting because it is Leaf's color. Also since from what was said somewhere that few black bodies were prior produced, the ones prior produced were mainly Rollei and Sinar...

Best regards,
Anders

Graham Mitchell

Hi Anders, someone on the 'other' forum forwarded an email from DHW with details about Mod 2. You can send in your camera to be upgraded but unfortunately the body panel upgrade is not included.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I am no ROLLEI user and I don't know much about the specs .
But this baby looks very sexy .:thumbup: All in black . No tinplate look in silver-white and black .
I wish the HY6 a successful revival .

Anders_HK

Hi Anders, someone on the 'other' forum forwarded an email from DHW with details about Mod 2. You can send in your camera to be upgraded but unfortunately the body panel upgrade is not included.
Really interesting. Body even says "made in Germany by DHW".

Any word on what is new and what is cost for upgrade?

Best regards,
Anders

EH21

Anders,
I posted the e-mail from Reiner on Luminous-landscape where I spend most of my time. The cost to upgrade is something like 350 euro for the bodies with v3 firmware already and about double for the upgrade from v 2 bodies since they have to change out more hardware.
Eric

Anders_HK

Anders,
I posted the e-mail from Reiner on Luminous-landscape where I spend most of my time. The cost to upgrade is something like 350 euro for the bodies with v3 firmware already and about double for the upgrade from v 2 bodies since they have to change out more hardware.
Eric
Eric, much thanks.

Stefan Steib in another thread on new no. 0 Rollei shutter linked article from Photoscala which states same as your posted email;

photokina 2012: Rolleiflex Hy6 Mod2, Rolleiflex FX-N, Electronic Shutter | photoscala

Google Translate

I think Hy6 Mod 2 is more interesting than the new Hassy 5 :D

da_eltsch

Hey guys, this is really crazy.When I first read this thread about a couple days ago, I thought this might be some foolish rumor.But being just a little late this evening you have almost made me jump into my car and drive those 5 km up to the DHW place.
I have bought a couple of things from DHW during the last year and would be absolutely happy to see some new stuff emerging from them.I thought the days of camera building or development be gone, here in Braunschweig.
As though I had offered my Rollei camera here in the forum a couple months ago I wasn't really emotionally up to it.Well it is kind of history for me.

Thumbs up and all my best wishes for them (hopefully it does not turn out to be just a short dream).
Regards Helge

EH21

Yeah it does look good, and better than it has in several years. They were making new cameras and lenses during that time too. I sure hope they do well! Did you see their new electronic shutter? That looks great too! So far no word on the 35mm flektagon so I hope they will announce that in Photokina.

This is good news. I think it makes sense given what a lot of people asked for on some of the discussions about dream MF camera's. Does not compete with DF bloodline. Hopefully DHW and Phase/Leaf can keep it all hanging together and not have a Leica moment.

I hope that big grip thing on the right is removable.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very encouraging news this. Being the only surviving AF camera that can shoot digital as well as 6x6 film, its survival and development is vital. It will be a year or two before I can afford one, but it's an obvious future choice for me.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Very encouraging news this. Being the only surviving AF camera that can shoot digital as well as 6x6 film, its survival and development is vital. It will be a year or two before I can afford one, but it's an obvious future choice for me.
The Hy6 Mod2 should become PHASE/LEAF's flagship .

Anders_HK

The Hy6 Mod2 should become PHASE/LEAF's flagship .
+888 :thumbs:

Yes, camera is loads better than anything Mamiya has ever accomplished. Plus the lenses; Schneiders, REAL Schneiders completely made in Germany, and top notch with wonderful characters. :thumbs:

Plus... can upgrade existing camera! :thumbs:

Aint stepping back to Mamiya ever again :OT:

Rollei6008i

I think mostly are software upgrade , hoping the new spec. comes out. But working smoother is a much better & confidence.