The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

ALPA rumors Photokina 2012

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The Swiss alphorn players play a song of a new ALPA 12 camera .
A new independant ALPA model , fully integrated into the existing ALPA system . A shutter module will be able to attach HASSELBLAD V-SYSTEM lenses . If it is a shutter module and not just a HASSELBLAD V-adapter , it should be able to attach the F/FE-lenses as well .
That would be great for ALPA owners , who also have the CZ FE110 glass .

Sorry , I can not hear more from the players , as the wind is rather strong here today . But I could imagine , that with some adapters for other MF lens brands the new ALPA 12 would not only be a very interesting supplement for ALPA users but also a very good start for newcomers into MF digital technical cameras .

More news might come with a newsletter around mid September .

m21apsh

Dear Jurgen,

Maybe something like this Hasselblad V lens adapter for Cambo wide on ebay?

cambo WDS WRS Lens board (fit hasselblad lens) phase one, leaf ,hasselblad back | eBay

If Alpa put an adapter with shutter for CZ FE110 (I still own one), will be great.
something similar to ALPA lens adapter Rolleiflex 600x/Hy6 / Sinar Hy6 / Leaf AFi lens.

In this case, this shutter adapter should be able to adapt all different kind of lenses which included all 135 lenses which can cover Medium format digital back. also movie lens... of course, flange focal distance will need to be adjustable

just my 2 cents

jotloob

Subscriber Member
As far as I could figure out the rumor , it will not just be an adapter , but a totally new camera plus a shutter module .
I am very curious myself and am impatiently waiting for more information
to come along .
The possibility to get my CZ FE110 adapted as well as other HB V-SYSTEM lenses is a great idea IMO . :thumbs:
There might be a newsletter at the 12th , late afternoon . . . . Waiting .

gerald.d

Alpa website just implemented a new design. Very nice.

And I'm going to miss the excitement because this plane takes off in 15 minutes :(

gazwas

Looks great and I bet it works a treat but I'm not sure I see the point?? :confused:

Is this to be used instead of a Phase DF etc?

Swissblad

Well spotted, Jürgen.

If that is not interesting and revolutionary I don't know what is.

Way to go ALPA!

jlm

Workshop Member
how cool! not sure i would want one, but a nice job
The T/S BS however is a reach, since that functionality comes from the lens/mount, not the body. could be even more useful if you could stick on a Cambo T/S mounted lens!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
So I guess you could take a Nikon/canon TS lens bolt it on and use your back. Interesting and exciting at the same time.

Guy Mancuso

how cool! not sure i would want one, but a nice job
The T/S BS however is a reach, since that functionality comes from the lens/mount, not the body. could be even more useful if you could stick on a Cambo T/S mounted lens!
Yea it seems very interesting and I guess you could make use of far less expensive lenses to use with your back but limited by IC and movements of your lens. Not a total solution but very cool in a way.

gazwas

This is a sincere question........ Who is this aimed at?

Its not a DSLR as you need a viewfinder and its not a tech camera as it has no movements.

I own a MF DSLR and a tech camera..... should I be excited about this camera?

Guy Mancuso

I think it's really aimed at a DF or H shooter only. Not tech cam users. I guess what it buys them is the ability to use there backs with Nikon or Canon glass. So a cost saving solution than buying a tech cam . Even though it uses also a lot of options too which could be used by anyone with multiple systems as well. So for a 35mm and MF guy you get some interplay with your whole system. It's a great question. I'm asking myself the same thing , how could I use this thing. LOL

kdphotography

I think it's great innovation for Alpa users. Not sure of all the applications/capabilities but am I the only one that is reminded at least remotely of the Hcam ??

stephengilbert

I think this camera points out the weak link in the MF world: the lack of a simple and effective way to focus. All this exotic technology, but you still have to figure out how far away your subject is.

As John said, though, very cool. In the hot rod world, they call designs like this "trick." That's a good thing.

Stefan Steib

I think it's great innovation for Alpa users. Not sure of all the applications/capabilities but am I the only one that is reminded at least remotely of the Hcam ??
:)

sitting and watching with a smile.......
Just so much- I welcome this entry and Alpa´s confirmation of our concept.
This will help HCam as well, there are enough differences for a perfect coexistance !

Regards
Stefan

Last edited:

kdphotography

:)

sitting and watching with a smile.......
Just so much- I welcome this entry and Alpa´s confirmation of our concept.
This will help HCam as well, there are enough differences for a perfect cooexistance !

Regards
Stefan
Actually, Stefan, if I might suggest----how about adding some beautifully hand-rubbed rosewood hand grips to the HCam.....

jus' sayin'..... :ROTFL:

m21apsh

Dear Stefan,

You should make an adapter for Alpa camera body to your Hcam. :)
So Hcam can take all Alpa lenses with camera movements.

Jeff