The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Breaking Hassleblad/Sony: "Lunar" mirrorless with sony E/A mount 5k EUR

Mammy645

It's funny (in a sad kind of way) how much choice and innovation we've given up with digital. Want a panoramic rangefinder? sorry, you can't. But you could 20 years ago. Want a 6x6 image format? sorry, you can't. But you could 20 years ago. Want an SLR system with movements on all lenses and bellows focusing? Sorry.. well, you know the rest. But hey, you can have a rebranded crop sensor consumer camera for 5000 euro instead. You're welcome!

pophoto

My bets are on Fuji to fill the gaps in areas left wide open by others. Sigma and Zeiss are making valiants efforts in the lens area.

Sony makes strides because they can, but gives complete disregard to everything else out there, like a normal hot shoe used for pro-lighting equipment etc. They'll also be one to look out for, but cannot help, they're kinda all over the place. How different NEX versions do we really need?

hcubell

I think the impact of the D800 on MFD sales, and the death of MF, has been greatly over reported. All indications are that this will be one of the best years Phase One has ever had.
Assuming that's correct as to how profitable Phase has been, it makes me wonder why expectations were created that Phase would develop a "new from the ground up body" and then they were not met. Certainly Phase did not use a huge amount of profits to fund the R&D to put some more lipstick on the AFD. Or to put the technology from the IQ backs into the Credo line.

Anders_HK

As I view it, Hassy seems to have totally overlooked the customer with the Lunar. I do not believe there are suffice stupid people to buy this camera, knowing it is a Sony or NEX encased within. With the internet that news travel fast, obvious also in China. :D

So for anyone who buys it, there are two scenarios. Either to show off that he simply got so much $$ he does not care to blow it on a mere Sony. Or to be the laughter for having paid so much for a Sony NEX. The difference is a mere interpretation :banghead:

hcubell

That is the ugliest camera I have ever seen. It looks like it was designed by Austin Powers. The only thing they could do to make it uglier would be to make the lens barrel out of a clashing, rare wood.

pedro39photo

MY GOD !!! I AM IN PANIC...THINKING IF THE FUTURE OF THE H6D ITS A TYPE OF "LUNAR" DESIGN....WITH LEATHER GRIP AND GOLD FINISH...

Shashin

You know, I've been thinking, and for all the complaints about the H5D, I think you folks got off lightly.

MaxKißler

somebody in love with orange rubber (or is it leather) ?

Hahahaha, I just cannot stop laughing about these cameras. Seriously, what were they thinking? Even if I'd be a spoiled rich kid I would have enough taste to go for something else...

Where is the platinum finish scrotum leather pinhole version of this? :ROTFL: