The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pentax 645D : no news at Kina ?

D&A

Hello. This is my first post here.
I've seem posts of an updated lens roadmap for the 645D showing planned wide, normal and tele zooms. Not sure if I'm supposed to link to other forums, but a Google search finds the roadmap easily enough.
With rumours of a larger sensor on a 645D II, if this were the case would Pentax have altered the hood on the 25mm lens to make it compatible only with the current 645D sensor size (I think this is what has happened between the DFA and DA models)? I don't know but seems a little inconsistent.
Regarding your question and observations pertaining to the Pentax 25mm 645 lens, that is what has everyone a bit confused. If Pentax is planning for an eventual 465D with full frame sensor, why then is the newer version fo the 25mm for cropped sensors only.

The only reason I can come up with, is the newer version of the lens due to a deeper hood (and possibly some other changes like additional lens coatings), is somewhat superior than the full frame version of the lens on the 645D. If and when Pentax does use a full frame chip in the 645D, they still have the full frame version of the 25mm. They mentioned that the full fame version will still be sold in Japan.

Dave (D&A)

andrewteee

New 645D owner. Took it for a test spin this weekend with the subject matter I bought it for and the camera impressed the heck out of me.

I plan to get to know it. My question is, in addition to this forum are there other forums for the 645D or medium format digital in general? As I have questions I want to search for answer first before asking what's already been asked. Thanks!

New 645D owner. Took it for a test spin this weekend with the subject matter I bought it for and the camera impressed the heck out of me.

I plan to get to know it. My question is, in addition to this forum are there other forums for the 645D or medium format digital in general? As I have questions I want to search for answer first before asking what's already been asked. Thanks!
Pentax Medium Format: 645, 6x7, 645D - PentaxForums.com

D&A

Hi,

If you haven't seen it already, I have posted a comprehensive lens test of most of the Pentax 465 single focal length (and a few zoom) lenses when used on the 645D. The link to the test results is:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/mediu...observations-pentax-645-lenses-used-645d.html

Eventually I'll be adding one or two additional lens tests to that list (article).

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi all
Anyone in the UK looking at the Pentax should take a look at AP's web site Pentax 645D camera kit in £3,000 price crash | Photography news - Camera news, photo news and photography events | Amateur Photographer
Pentax has knocked £3,000 off the kit price of its 645D medium-format DSLR, this makes it very tempting for anyone considering it.

David
If I am reading the AP article correctly, they are stating the new price of the body is now 6299 (UK British Poud Sterling). Please correct me if I am wrong and if I am not, that puts the new lower price in the UK as $10,166 (US dollars). That would make this price higher than the original selling price of the 645D in the US when it was 1st introduced at $10,000 . Assuming I am right with my facts and money conversion rates, its no wonder pentax UK had to lower the price as the original published price of the 645D in the UK appeared to be $14,524 (US dollars). Of course this may all be manufacturer suggested list prices, not actual "street" prices.

Dave (D&A)

Aaron

If I am reading the AP article correctly, they are stating the new price of the body is now 6299 (UK British Poud Sterling). Please correct me if I am wrong and if I am not, that puts the new lower price in the UK as $10,166 (US dollars). That would make this price higher than the original selling price of the 645D in the US when it was 1st introduced at $10,000 . Assuming I am right with my facts and money conversion rates, its no wonder pentax UK had to lower the price as the original published price of the 645D in the UK appeared to be $14,524 (US dollars). Of course this may all be manufacturer suggested list prices, not actual "street" prices.

Dave (D&A)
Yes you are reading it correctly, and the street prices no less than the manufacturers rrp.

And they wonder why they're still on the shelves...:rolleyes:

redrockcoulee

If you read my Post I have used Pentax 67, 67 11 & 645 for over 20 years doing weddings. We were a Small Breed of Wedding Photographers and I used Pentax from 1980 to 2002. I even had the Leaf Shutter Lenses for the 67, the 90mm and 165mm. The Numerous other Wedding Photographers were using Hasselblad, Mamiya & Bronica. No I do not know much about the 645D System and I never said I did. When it was introduced with no Lenses I was advised to stay away and I did and 3 years later there are 2 Lenses, my appologies for saying 1 Lens. I have been told the Camera Store carries the 645D, I do not know where in Canada this store is. I live in Toronto the Largest City in Canada by far. The 3 Largest Camera Dealers in Canada have their head Offices here. Vistek (they never carried the camera) Headshots and Henrys. I am not sure if they still stock the 645D. The Pentax 645D does not Sell in Ontario. Like I said in my Previous Post, if Pentax introduces New Lenses I will buy the 645D or 645D 11.
The Camerastore is in Calgary. Better stocked and better service then the Calgary Vistek store.

aboudd

The lack of 645 lenses designed specifically for the D is indeed frustrating, but the old lenses, like the 120 and the 35 are stellar performers. I still use some legacy lenses with my Nikon D600, the 105 2.8 micro and the 200 F4 AIS and they work well with the new sensor with no issues. Old does not mean obsolete! The 645D is still a fine camera at a great price point. You can put together a three lens kit with the two newest lenses and a few old ones for under $20K. Less than the price of a Leica S2 body only.