The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya 6 Digital ready on evilbay

Modified Mamiya 6 camera for Hasselblad V mount digital back with 75mm Lens !! | eBay

I don't know whether do be horrified or intrigued. Looks cool, but not exactly useable. I have to admit that over-indulgence of alcohol has made me consider doing something like this, but those ideas vanish with daylight and sobriety.

I'm sure this violates several forum rules, but it was too good not to post. Before you ask, yes this is real (at least the post is), and no I have no connection.

lowep

at least looks as if the price is coming down

wonder if it is the same (korean?) tech

has anybody sighted one of these in the wild or can explain why the idea would not work???

i want one but wait for the price to become lower since it is still too high to risk on an untested experiment

after all $3500 is quite a lot for a glorified paperweight :facesmack:

Last edited:

Oren Grad

The concept is appealing. But it's hard to know whether the rangefinder mechanism has sufficient precision to allow it to work well in practice.

Professional

I didn't see or handle Mamiya 6, but that my Mamiya 7II is good design and i don't see any issue with it, it is tough enough for walkaround, unless it dropped once to see, but i never felt the body design is not bulky enough.

Shashin

Tareq, you probably thought I was typing my post with a straight face. I think the Mamiya 6 was a great camera because of it small compact design. Putting a digital back on it really makes it rather useless.

Professional

Tareq, you probably thought I was typing my post with a straight face. I think the Mamiya 6 was a great camera because of it small compact design. Putting a digital back on it really makes it rather useless.

Ok, i stand corrected by you then, thanks.

I am not looking for using any DB on Mamiya 7II, i have RZ and 501CM and even LF for that, i will keep Mamiya 7II only dedicated for film.

lowep

shashin it is already useless -- unless of course you have money to burn on (eek) film, or need a paperweight.

when you refer to this camera's size you appear to be conceiving of it as a functional tool that is completely missing the point: it is a ritual fetish for summoning dead ancestors.

think unicorn

Oren Grad

I had a pair of 6's. Yes, putting a digital back and eyepiece extender on it will neutralize much of the elegance of the camera's design. But I don't know whether it will be any worse than, say, using an Alpa handheld with a digital back (or a film back, for that matter). If anything it might work more comfortably for right-eyed users, because the placement of the finder on the left should mean that you won't have to mash your nose against the back.

lowep

kidneys! your own? both of them? I thought the mamiya 6 was a powerful fetish object but the mamiya 7 obviously takes the cake; human sacrifices, what next?