The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Age of HC lenses

Analog6

Is there any way to tell the date of manufacture of HC lenses from the serial number, as was possible for earlier Hasselblads?

fotografz

Is there any way to tell the date of manufacture of HC lenses from the serial number, as was possible for earlier Hasselblads?
Not that I know of. The very early versions had different colored screws securing the bayonet mount.

However, you can determine the shot count on a lens in the camera info.

-Marc

Jeffg53

Isn't it just the same? I'm looking at a 100 with the serial # 7DST10994. Skip the first 2, apply VHPICTURES and you get ST which is 2006. I wonder if the Lunar will keep this standard?

pedro39photo

Isn't it just the same? I'm looking at a 100 with the serial # 7DST10994. Skip the first 2, apply VHPICTURES and you get ST which is 2006. I wonder if the Lunar will keep this standard?
Can anyone confirm if Code of the VHPICTURES apply to the H lenses? to confirm the date?
Thanks
Pedro