The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya RZ67 and Leaf Aptus 65 problem

A

andz

I bought a Leaf Aptus back in 2007/8 and have been using it just on a Mamiya 645 AFDII, I have just thought about trying to use it with my Mamiya RZ67 but am having problems.

I connect everything up with the two cables running from the back to the body and try to shoot a frame with the body lever on the side to the middle but nothing happens, if I move it to the multi option and take a frame the body goes mental and shoots lots of frames. Nothing shows on the back of the Aptus or on the laptop if tethered, any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

yaya

Change the Camera settings (on the back or in Leaf Capture/ Capture One) to Mamiya RZ

A

andz

Hi Yair
I have done that but the shutter button doesnt press down, I have just tried a film back and that works fine along with a polaroid back.

A

andz

It seems that there is a problem with the sync connection from the lens to the back (thanks Lawrie). I tried another lens other than what was already on the body and it works fine, it is a strange situation as the lenses always fired the flash when I used to use the system. Out of my four lenses only 1 works with the back????????

A

andz

*facepalm* apparently i am talking to a wall.. Oh well. Off i go.
Why? Sorry if you didn't get a reply but my last post indicated that the adapter wasn't the issue. The adapter is a 518-02213a