The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaf Aptus22 vs. Leaf AptusII 6

A

Aitor

Hi again,
I'm still not decide de DB. I am considering a demo aptus22 or a new aptusII 6.
The new aptus II is cheaper than the demo aptus 22. I Know the 22 have bigger sensor and the aptusII 6 more megapixles. But, is there any differences in quality image ?. What's your opinion about those backs and which would you choose ?
regards.

yaya

Hi again,
I'm still not decide de DB. I am considering a demo aptus22 or a new aptusII 6.
The new aptus II is cheaper than the demo aptus 22. I Know the 22 have bigger sensor and the aptusII 6 more megapixles. But, is there any differences in quality image ?. What's your opinion about those backs and which would you choose ?
regards.
Hello Aitor,

The Aptus-II 6 shoots a little bit faster, produces a bigger file, gives another stop in iso and has a better screen and FireWire 800 connection.
It's firmware is also a smidgen more advanced with an option to load custom settings from LeafCapture 11 onto the CF card - the Aptus 22 doesn't have this function.

However its sensor is a tad smaller so if you're looking to use wide angle lenses the Aptus 22 will give you a wider FOV.

For studio work with strobe both backs will give you fantastic results. In fact for still-life there are many many people who will not change their Aptus 22 for anything as it is so inherently sharp.

Bottom line you should really look at your needs and choose the one more suitable for your type of work. IMHO the Aptus-II 6 is overall a bit more versatile because of the bigger file and the higher iso.

I hope this helps

Yair