The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase P45+ Wake on sync port not working

C

carbonmetrictree

In the middle of shooting a few buildings tonight, my P45+ stopped waking up. I used a friend's back to confirm that it wasn't the wake on cable that was the issue. I don't know if this was a faulty back, but I am just worried if Phase One will repair it under my VA warranty that was purchased with it. I'm not sure if the warranty is conditional, though, I have never dropped it or mishandled it in anyway. I'm not sure what to do besides contacting Phase through their support email system on their site. Unfortunately, I did not know that I was not going to receive any of the VA warranty items at the time of the purchase, so I do not even have a manual or users guide for a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated. This entire digital back purchase with the equipment has been a bit of a nightmare so far. At least the images I'm getting out of this system look great!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It should be under warranty no question. Call your dealer first and work through them Andrew. You should get a loaner with a VA warranty. First I heard of this problem.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Guy. No reason to worry or assume it won't get fixed.

C

carbonmetrictree

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was really shocked to see that the port started malfunctioning, who knows what happened.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Andrew,

Your loaner back will be at your place tomorrow. Details have been forwarded to you by Doug in an email.

Have not seen the MF port spinning before, but you will be up and running again tomorrow.

Phase One dealers run the first line of support for the products here in the US. Glad you were able to get a hold of one of us over the weekend.

Lance

C

carbonmetrictree

Thanks Lance! You guys got on this issue real quick, CI's got some top notch people over there. Sorry about the phone call, for some reason, it couldn't go through.