The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One 75-150LS

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am curious about this lens and how it might be different from the current Phase 75-150.
For many subjects the 75-150is a lovely very sharp lens with little falloff.
I am really not sure if I need a leaf shutter for most all of my uses.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
It is one of my favorite swiss-army-knife lenses and would be surprised if they improved it optically.
-bob

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
I am curious about this lens and how it might be different from the current Phase 75-150.
For many subjects the 75-150is a lovely very sharp lens with little falloff.
I am really not sure if I need a leaf shutter for most all of my uses.
-bob
I suppose if you want the faster flash sync ... for me until they can change the camera so the focal plane shutter gets out of the way when you mirror lockup, the Leaf shutter doesn't seem to offer any advantage.

Lets hope the rumored "new" body has that capability, since they couldn't put it in the recent upgraded DF.

Steve Hendrix

We were told it would be available "soon".:rolleyes:

Actually there was a rough time frame mentioned, but I purposely chose not to hear it, because of the previously mentioned time frames.

I think the 75-150 D Lens is a fine optic. Is there room for improvement? Certainly, IMO. So - the anticipation would be that, for the price, the 75-150 SK LS does increase the resolution/performance, and it does also offer Leaf Shutter use for those who would take advantage of it.

I will say the unit they had in Germany felt very well made.

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration

malmac

I see this lens now listed as available - has anyone bought one?

And how are the images at the different focal lengths?

Any report would be nice to hear.

Mal

Can't wait to see sample images and hear some thoughts on the differences to the previous one. I will probably get one before the fall if everything looks good.

malmac

congratulations - I for one look forward to seeing what you think of this lens -

Do you have either the SK 110 LS or the SK 150 LS (or both for that matter) that you can compare the lens against?

Mal

steve_cor

I was surprised to see the new version is bigger and heavier. 1800 grams / 3.96 pounds (compared to 1114 g. / 2.5 lbs)is going to make the camera with lens and digital back heavy. And nearly seven inches long 4.2” x 6.8" shows this is not the same design as the old lens. With 95mm filter diameter it seems they made a large front element, so I expect this lens will be sharp wide open. The main trade-off of the zoom compared to primes will be the slower maximum f-stop, and the weight. Hopefully, Aeaemd will fill us in.

--Steve.

MARKC

One of my friend bought this lens month ago. The lens is really chunky although the balance is quite okay. No issue with AF speed as other LS lens. Re optical quality, looked very sharp wide open ! Only too expensive and huge to me :)

Mark

kdphotography

Ok, so it appears the Phase SK 75-150 LS is out, albeit maybe in limited quantities. Looks like a different magic lens formula than the Phase 75-150D---95mm filter thread vs. 77mm filter thread, and nearly four pounds vs 2.5 pounds in weight.

Anyone with this lens? Feedback and impressions?

ken

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
I had the chance to shoot it at the Acadia workshop and found it to be an excellent lens, although having not shot the 75-150 D I don't have anything to compare it to.

It is a large lens and a bit heavy if you are going to shoot for a while without a monopod or tripod, but from the 3 hours or so that I shot with it, I found the focus to be sharp and fairly quick (coming from a longtime Nikon user), and the images had a nice overall appearance to them.