The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEE Screen-Shade for Leaf Aptus

Pemihan

Has anyone tried the LEE Screen-Shade for Leaf Aptus?
Screen-Shade for Leaf Aptus

Am contemplating either getting that or maybe just a old fashioned dark cloth.
The Screen-Shade is somewhat more expensive, but maybe also more convenient?

Peter

Anders_HK

Peter, I used Aptus 65 for 3.5 years without a need for it, and for now over one year AFi-II 12. Suggest you to use the hand to shade instead. Works for me, the display is only a tool and I keep my eyes most of time in front of camera. Been shooting in bright sunshine as well.

Best regards,
Anders

Pemihan

Thanks guys, I just recently got the back and it's going to have it's first outing in the glaring sun of the southwest USA. Guess I'll try and see how it is before I order anything...

Peter

A

Amedeus

I use a Hoodman loupe over the LCD screen if I have to see anything in detail on my Leaf Aptus back but also my DSLR. Works reasonably well, shields from light and you get some magnification when looking at a 1:1 zoom to check critical focus area ... ymmv

Rudi.