The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Cube with Alpa Max - which plate?

About to order an Arca Swiss Cube direct from Arca. Seemed the cheapest since they are here in France.

I had a few questions before ordering.

To me it seems like the best way to go is monoball fix. Please let me know if anyone has this system and likes it or dislikes it. Also which plate should I get for the max?

Is there a current wait on the cube? Or do they always have them in stock?

Last thing - If there is anyone here who has one they would be interested in selling, let me know :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Personally, I would get the Alpa stitch adapter mount for the Max and use the Really Right Stuff MPR-73 although any Arca plate will work with the stitch adapter.

PeterL

I have the monoball-fix on my Arca D4m and use the 34x34mm plates on the Alpa TC. I like it a lot, the small plate is plenty of grip for the TC, for the Max maybe one of the slightly larger plates would be better. I agree with Graham, the stitch adapter for the Max is a must, you should be able to mount an Arca plate to that as well.

Cheers, -Peter