The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Odd grid lines induced by Capture One 7?

coulombic

I've recently upgraded to C1 7.0, but after exporting files and opening them in CS6, I've started to regret my haste. Many files (the ones I've straightened in C1), have odd "grid" style lines in them. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I assume the easiest way to fix it is to simply not straighten in C1, and save such work for CS6, but it is rather infuriating to export an image to see weird grid shapes all over it.

Any thoughts? I can upload an image for reference of this issue, if this will assist.

It's worth noting that I'm using .MOS files from a Leaf Aptus-II 12.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I don't think anyone will be able to offer much advice until you post a photo with and without the phenomenon you're describing. But I'm sure several of us would love to try to help once you do.

MILESF

I have had something similar on both my 6 year old Mac pro and my new 15" MacBookPro Retina. Phase One told me they have not seen another instance and asked me to submit the affected images and screenshots. So I would suggest creating a support case with Phase. There doesn't seem to be an easy answer. Only a few of my images have been affected but it does mean that you can't process them without the artefacts. I use a Phase back.

MILESF

This may (or may not) be specific to the Schneider Kreuznach LS lenses but this solution seems to work for me.

Go to the lens tool in Capture One 7 and if it shows the lens as (for example) Schneider Kreuznach LS 150mm f3.5 then try the Mamiya drop down and select Mamiya Sekor LS 1500 f3.5.

Would be good to know if it works for other people.

Flynnyfalcon

I'm finding some weird aberrations when combining LLC with dust removal. If you're using dust removal, maybe try without and see what happens.

Otherwise I'm loving C1-7 Big improvement over C1-6