The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Victor's Pride, V system feedback needed

Douglas Fairbank

I would like to ask the good people in this forum what they think of when they imagine the Hasselblad V system cameras. I am planning a new venture around the V cameras and my preferred title of 'Victor's Pride' was described as a beer slogan so I need to gather all the suggestions I can. My current working title is Classic V.

:talk028:

Uaiomex

"The most neglected camera extraordinaire in the history of photography". That's some title isn't? And totally honest.
Eduardo

Swissblad

Classic V sounds good.
Your endeavour sounds interesting - I wish you every success.
The 503 still remains my favourite camera.

Stefan Steib

There is love and hate in my relationship especially to the 500 C. I love the mechanical sound the blad makes when you release her. I hate the cross-coupled old C-lenses. I love the Zeiss glass, I always hated the Filmmagazines especially when our 500 ELM killed the transport gears by the dozends. I love the classical look of the silver bodies, I always hated the black versions especially when they were aging, the scratches just looked cheap, I always loved the image quality but I really hated the fact that our apprentices ALWAYS managed to put a non cocked lens on a cocked body or reverse which caused a lot of fumbling or a repair at worst............

Love and Hate..... :)

Greetings from Germany
Stefan

jotloob

Subscriber Member
There is love and hate in my relationship especially to the 500 C. I love the mechanical sound the blad makes when you release her. I hate the cross-coupled old C-lenses. I love the Zeiss glass, I always hated the Filmmagazines especially when our 500 ELM killed the transport gears by the dozends. I love the classical look of the silver bodies, I always hated the black versions especially when they were aging, the scratches just looked cheap, I always loved the image quality but I really hated the fact that our apprentices ALWAYS managed to put a non cocked lens on a cocked body or reverse which caused a lot of fumbling or a repair at worst............

Love and Hate..... :)

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
Yes . Love and Hate and Love :D

For me the V-series are summed up in one word, 'timeless'.
:thumbs:
Timeless , beautiful and sexy .

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/8/5/6/203fe.02.jpg

mathomas

Modularity, versatility, solidity, quality, timelessness.

(I shoot them with much love these days, and am amazed at how a 50+ year old design can mount a digital back and shoot with the big boys. Of course, I'm shooting film.)

Godfrey

Timeless, industrial, steam age photography. Love them.

My favorites were the very pedestrian 500C/M with 80 and 150 mm lenses fitted with waist level finder, and the 903SWC. Sold the kit in 2004, and miss it ... The SWC in particular. May have to get another.