The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The tech cam tripod head question...

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Gareth

Today I have ordered two washers to be cut with a laser beam .
That washer is 3mm thick and will lift the CUBE a little bit to give more clearence . It can be used on Series 3 , 4 or 5 GITZO SYSTEMATIC's .
I will give feedback when I have the washers .

I have a Manfrotto 400 geared head for my H4D-50. It's very solid and stable, although the horizontal plane can only be tilted by about 12 degrees or so. I assume the Cube is a lot better, but it's a lot more expensive.

tjv

I love this.
61 replies expressing opinions about tripod heads! Only on GetDPI!
After all this, I'm still deciding. It's down to if I only need a leveling head (e.g. Linhof) or something a bit more versatile like the Cube or D4. In two years I can think of three times I've tilted camera more than 12 degrees downwards but logic tells me that as soon as I can do that I'll need it!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Now, now, let's be honest here. It's 63 replies about EXPENSIVE tripod heads. That's GetDPI! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

And . . .
we have not been talking about the exclusive GITZO SYSTEMATIC OCEAN series tripods yet . Looking forward to see what comes up here in GetDpi .
:ROTFL:

gazwas

And . . .
we have not been talking about the exclusive GITZO SYSTEMATIC OCEAN series tripods yet . Looking forward to see what comes up here in GetDpi .
:ROTFL:
I nearly ordered one of those and I'm not ashamed to say it was on looks alone. I never go near water with my tripod but they look soooooo good. :eek:

Apart from the eye popping price, they just didn't make one high enough for my needs and I ended up with the Series 5 Giant.

Now make that 66 replies. :ROTFL:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
:thumbs::thumbs:

The same thoughts here . If there would be an OCEAN type for my desired height I would have bought it . Not even thinking about the additional €uros .
It just is an awesome design . . . .#67

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Gitzo Ocean? Pah!!

The true enthusiast would get the Gitzo Titanium Traveler 90th Anniversary edition. :)
Graham
That would be the correct tripod for the HASSELBLAD LUNAR snobs .
Superfluous . About as useful as a hole in the head .
Sorry , a bit out of topic . :LOL:

jlm

Workshop Member
hate to see fellow cube users in a bind, so if anyone wants a 3mm thick spacer, let me know, and I'll make and sell them very cheaply. will have a 3/8" clearrance hole and same OD as the cube base

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
They really need to make a mini cube about 30 percent smaller. Ill take the first one made. Oh wait by that time ill be retired. LOL

So where the hell is the new Z2. I'm starting to get pissed off here.

You can tell I have a lot of patience.

jlm

Workshop Member
looks like the Linhof base pan lock screw (round, not a lever) is going to be tough to get a grip on when mounted on a larger diameter tripod headplate