The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Problem with Hasselblad CF Adapter

cerett

I am currently using a CF adapter on my H4D 60. The lens is a Zeiss 40 mm CFE IF (a magnificent lens). I keep getting an error message after shooting - "Lens cocking error." When I hit "ok," it says,"Cock the Lens." That works fine and I able to shoot again. The interesting thing is that the images are fine, just the extra step of clicking "ok" on the error message. Anyone have any issues like this? Thank you.

Swissblad

I'm not sure that I understand your problem correctly.
In my experience, the cocking lever on the CF adapter may need to be engaged 2x, as the 1st pull is insufficient to cock the V lens.
This can be a frequent issue - I pay little attention to it - just re-cock.
Enjoy your new toy!

MikeHlop

I've had this message a couple of times on my h4d-50 a while ago but they don't appear anymore. I guess some ethanol contacts cleaning should help