The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

anyone using LR4 and DNG flat field correction?

i was very excited that lr is now able to be my main/only tool, but i miss the ability to adjust the white balance based on the neutral shot.

i wrote this type of thread on lula forums as well a few days ago, but didn't get as much response as i wanted.

in phocus where i usually do the correction, the correction at first is applied to the neutral lcc shot - it turns into an evened magenta picture.
then those corrections can be applied to the desired image. BUT ALSO the corrected magenta lcc shot can be used to do a white balance on it and then turns into a grey card to set white balance for the real image - very very useful! only one additional step in postproduction

i hoped that the flat field plugin could do this automatically, even whitout setting the white balance manually (should be no problem).

but i can't even get a grey reference, because the correction file will not be corrected itself.
it isn't even possible to apply the correction file to itself by a duplicate - lr doesn't detect a "real world image" and therefore does nothing ...:(

how do you guys manage your lcc workflow?
does someone do it in lightroom?
how does it work in c1?

i would really love to do all my workflow in lr, but this means that i have to take another shot with grey card. or process the lcc file in phocus and transmit the values of the white balance to lr.

nobody? :cry:

hmmm, maybe its in the wrong section, but i thought it would fit in the medium format thread ---

moved it to "image processing"