The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 7.0.1 failing to process IQ180 files

alan_w_george

I am having an issue with C1 7.0.1 and was wondering if anyone else has seen the same.

I am on C1 7.0.1 on OS X 10.8.2 with IQ180 (fw 3.00.19). RAW file can be found here http://alan-george.com/tmp/IQ180_6205.eip

I get the following error..

This is happening for about 50% of the images from this session.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I'm downloading your RAW, but I believe you will do much better opening a support ticket with Phase One.

Good luck,

Matt

OK, It fails on my installation too. I had to restart C1 to get anything else to process.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
BTW, I just tried with C1 6.4.3 on the same machine and this file processed fine with the same recipe.
Bingo you hit the issue. Apparently we have been seeing folks with both Version 6 and 7 on the same machines getting corruption and it seems everyone that has completely deleted anything Version 6 than reloaded 7 has been okay. You maybe getting these same kinds of corruptions. We jumped completely different versions and I think they dont play well together even though any updates i have done I just overwrite the file but that is with the same version. Here we jumped on to another boat. I would clone your drive to a backup. Than go in and completely wipe out everything C1 and i mean everything . Than reload Version 7 and redo that session. My bet it will clean up

You can save your workspace and styles off to another drive than reload after clean up

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Processes fine here.

10.8.2, C1 v7.0.1, Open and process to 16 bit TIFF.

I'd do the standard clean uninstall and if you're still having problems I'd start a support case.

Support cases are usually answered very quickly, but if, for some reason you can't wait, and you don't have a dealer you can call then my next suggestion would be to unpack the EIP file and reset adjustments.

alan_w_george

Bingo you hit the issue. Apparently we have been seeing folks with both Version 6 and 7 on the same machines getting corruption and it seems everyone that has completely deleted anything Version 6 than reloaded 7 has been okay. You maybe getting these same kinds of corruptions. We jumped completely different versions and I think they dont play well together even though any updates i have done I just overwrite the file but that is with the same version. Here we jumped on to another boat. I would clone your drive to a backup. Than go in and completely wipe out everything C1 and i mean everything . Than reload Version 7 and redo that session. My bet it will clean up

You can save your workspace and styles off to another drive than reload after clean up
Humm, I tried that but still not working. Maybe I am missing something. I deleted /Applications/Capture* and moved ~/Library/Application Support/Capture One to Capture One.old. Deleted ~/Library/Preferences/com.phaseone*. Reinstalled 7.0.1 and I am still seeing "Could not process file".

Am I missing somewhere I need to clean up?

Thx!

alan_w_george

Turning off OpenCL (MBP Retina Display) in C1 for Processing under Preferences seems to have fixed the issue.

BTW, this was a suggestion from Phase support. They where surprisingly fast on the turn around.

Thx for everyone's help!

Last edited:

Don Libby

Is it me or the instant go to answer to much that's wrong is turning off Open CL? I ask that as I had no trouble opening IQ160 files yet as I tried to work with Sandy's 1DsIII things quickly became wonky. Tried several thing which failed to work until I noticed OpenCL was set to "Auto" I changed to "Never" and no problems no more wonkyness.

I still had C16 on a laptop and checked the preferences and saw I had OpenCL turned off there as well.

Oh well....

Don