The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase 80mm LS playing up

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

Our 80mm LS is playing up. It's set to f16 but at random will expose darker by 1/3 to 2/3 of a stop. When shooting books for repro this is a very serious issue. Just started recently and none of the other lenses are doing it. I cleaned the lens contacts but it didn't help. The lens has about 37,000 frames shot with it.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this before?

Ben

gazwas

Does forcing the camera into FS mode (focal shutter) help?

I always use my LS lenses in FS rather than LS mode when I don't need high speed sync. I've set it as a custom setting on my DF.

Ben Rubinstein

Tried it, I think that was the solution to the question of what the problem is. With FP shutter it's fine.

So 55K frames till the mirror box on the DF died and now 37K frames on the 80mm till the LS died. Mamiya, honestly?