The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where do you get your gear?

fotom

Hello,

I need some help again.

There are only a few dealers in Germany selling Hasselblad gear, but their prizes are very crazy when they sell pre owned stuff. I agree to pay some more money when buying at a dealer but if I compare to other sources it is a little bit ridiculous to pay that much.

So, does anybody have an information where I could get pre owned gear in Germany or nearby for good value? I am looking for a HC120/4 Makro (I would even take the older version) and a HC80.

Thank you!

Thomas

gazwas

but if I compare to other sources it is a little bit ridiculous to pay that much.
Let me guess.......eBay? :angry:

Thomas, this is not a criticism but me venting after trying to sell some expensive camera gear (on eBay).

Why do people who can't afford to pay good money for quality second hand kit get all huffey and assume sellers should sell it for peanuts? While I agree both seller and buyer should reach a fair price it would seem to me that currently buyers want it all their own way.

fotom

Hi Gareth,

I do not want to buy good quality for peanuts. Do not missunderstand my point of view.
The stuff I regular use I buy new. Some other, that I won´t use frequently, I want to save some money on. Especially, when that gear does not bring or earn any money.

My other sources are not ebay. There are a few places at the internet but when I ask for, if stuff is still available it is already gone. Sometimes I believe bought by reseller. Well, in this case I had been too slow maybe...

Sometimes it seems to be impossible even getting the gear new at a shop. That was my intended question for: Where do you get good stuff without paying twice as much as needed?

Stan ROX

Hi Gareth,

I do not want to buy good quality for peanuts. Do not missunderstand my point of view.
The stuff I regular use I buy new. Some other, that I won´t use frequently, I want to save some money on. Especially, when that gear does not bring or earn any money.

My other sources are not ebay. There are a few places at the internet but when I ask for, if stuff is still available it is already gone. Sometimes I believe bought by reseller. Well, in this case I had been too slow maybe...

Sometimes it seems to be impossible even getting the gear new at a shop. That was my intended question for: Where do you get good stuff without paying twice as much as needed?
You just have to wait for the right moment. I got my H4D-40 Stainless steel at a totally crazy price.

At such moments, you must be able to decide and act fast ...

Example: At this moment, there's a Leica S2 on eBay.de : 10'999 Euro. Almost new, with one year warranty. From a dealer, btw.

S.

fotografz

In addition to Swissblad's excellent suggestion, have you asked for the item(s) here on GetDpi?

Just list a "Want To Buy" (WTB) ad.

-Marc

fotom

Thank you all! The links above I haven´t seen / found before and the prizes are very interesting at Greiner- Foto!

No, I haven´t asked here for those items. It´s a good idea only with that exception, that the seller should be based in Germany or somewhere around here.

I will now go on looking for the lenses.

fotom

Don´t understand why ebay is mentioned. There is nothing interesting at all for digital HC lenses.

Don Libby

Digital backs and camera bodies only from our dealer. Most lenses come from our dealer as well with a rare exception of a private sale or auction. It may cost more dollar wise however we are saved many times over with the knowledge that I've got my dealer standing behind me.

The last thing I need is to be out in the boonies when something goes wrong and no support.

Again, just my 2¢

Don

Actually the other method is waiting for Guy! :D

fotom

You just have to wait for the right moment. I got my H4D-40 Stainless steel at a totally crazy price.

At such moments, you must be able to decide and act fast ...

Example: At this moment, there's a Leica S2 on eBay.de : 10'999 Euro. Almost new, with one year warranty. From a dealer, btw.

S.
Found an H3DII-50 for 8999€ on ebay as well... my one was more expensive but with zoom, so that is maybe balancing...

But you are right, at the right moment I will have to take the chance...

I can both: Wait and take...

Last edited:

fotografz

Hasselblad USA has a 25% off Certified Pre-owned with 6 months factory warranty. Runs to Dec. 31st

Example: A CFV/39 back in mint class 1 shape with 401 shot count ... $8,171.

-Marc

Godfrey

Hasselblad USA has a 25% off Certified Pre-owned with 6 months factory warranty. Runs to Dec. 31st

Example: A CFV/39 back in mint class 1 shape with 401 shot count ... $8,171.
I'd love to play with one of those, but it's out of my price range—even at discount!
Someone buy it for me, ok? I'm happy to register as a non-profit charity. ]:)

I always like to buy from people I know when possible. Difficult to find items, I buy them from wherever I can find them.