The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LEICA S2 mini review - afterall, their price point is getting sweet :)

proenca

Wow,
Not such a bad review of the S2. Been seeing lots of your posts lately, glad to see that you are very happy with your purchase. You should also keep in mind that many choose other medium format systems, such as the hasselblad and phase one due to flash sync speeds. The flash sync speed of the leica is much slower than P1.

I will soon be posting some work we did with Phase One, just to show some stuff that Leica can only dream of ;)

Keep Shooting! Enjoyed seeing your photos taken with the S2.
Thanks but I'm not a professional. Do a few jobs here and there but mainly for friends and friends of friends. So flash sync is the last of my priorities. Of course for paying professionals, perhaps the first thing you guys you look at.

Thanks for the compliments !

proenca

Damn... you got me thinking of long H lenses I can put on the S2. I've had a serious lust problem for this camera since it was first announced, and now with a terminally ill DMR I'm reconsidering my options.
I tried on H adapter unfortunatly.. to my wallet. It makes the H lens work as .. well.. Leica lenses.

Tilt shift, Long lenses, the MF bokeh king ( 100mm 2,2 ) all become available.

Try it :)

Best of luck with your S2.

-Marc
Thanks Marc, you are definitively one of the big culprits of me getting a S2, you do great work :)