The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad HTS1.5 Tilt/Shift Adapter

schuster

When I first saw this I thought it was an ArcBody Photoshopped. Apparently, Hasselblad had to take it off the market while they were fighting a law suit (probably by one of the bottom-feeders who make a living by finding loopholes in patent filings). Has anyone here had experience with it?

fotografz

When I first saw this I thought it was an ArcBody Photoshopped. Apparently, Hasselblad had to take it off the market while they were fighting a law suit (probably by one of the bottom-feeders who make a living by finding loopholes in patent filings). Has anyone here had experience with it?
That suit was in the USA, and has been dealt with.

I use one and have for some time now.

What do you want to know about it?

-Marc

fotografz

I have an ArcBody that I'm using with an IQ160 and I'm curious about image quality comparison. Which lens(es) do you use with it?
Well, the ArcBody used view camera lenses if I recall correctly, so it is hard to match any DSLR lens to that.

The HTS/1.5 can take any HC/HCD lens from the new 24mm up to the 100/2.2, including tubes.

It has lenses in it and creates a 1.5X lens factor while maintaining the same close focusing of any given lens.

I usually use the 80mm for a 120mm equivalent for table top work and tilt to increase DOF.

-Marc

Douglas Fairbank

One of the nicest features of the HTS is that all the shift and tilt info is included in the EXIF info and Phocus software can compensate for any light fall off by drawing on that info. Autofocus is not retained off course. A joy to use, get your hands on one if you can and try it for yourself.
:D

Chris Giles

I'd love to try on Doug but they hardly appear on the used market!

Thanks for your assistance in November with my 100mm btw and a Merry Christmas.

I used one for about 6 months and besides the fact that it is a 1.5x teleconverter it is quite a great device. I know of one here in Paris if you are interested I can talk to my dealer for you, since I'm going to the shop next wednesday.

Eric

ghoonk

I love the fact that the amount of tilt/shift is shown in the top LCD, which can be quite useful when doing work in very low-light environments. Not too excited by the 1.5x crop factor that gets introduced though - it makes shifting in wide angle work near impossible since my 28HCD practically becomes a 42mm lens.

Douglas Fairbank

I'd love to try on Doug but they hardly appear on the used market!

Thanks for your assistance in November with my 100mm btw and a Merry Christmas.
You are quite welcome, sadly I am only involved with the V system now, not my choice. :confused:
But you don't have to wait to find a secondhand one, my good friends at the Pro Centre will hire you one for just £36. That's got to be great value for a fantastic day of fun. The only problem then is you will want one more than ever.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, to you and all the readers of this forum. :chug:

L

lpicker

Hi folks!

Yes, I use the HTS frequently in my landscape work. I hunted for a used one for more than a year, and finally gave up and bought a new one.

I find the HTS to be an incredible tool. I have 3 tilt-shift lenses for my Nikon (24, 45, and 85), but I hate the tiny adjustment knobs. The HTS has large knobs that lock. I can make very tiny adjustments using them. The optics are fantastic, but that's nothing unusual for Hassy.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll try to respond either here or through my website.

Lester Picker
Les Picker Fine Art Photography