The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CF Card Recommendations

cerett

Do you have any recommendations on the best and fastest CF card(s) for an H4D-60? What about a card reader? I find the subject somewhat confusing. Thank you and Happy holidays.

Dan Ortego

I've been using Hoodman cards (UDMA 6) with very good performance. Even so I have read several postings of failures with the newer and supposedly faster UDMA-7 cards.

MB100

My PhaseOne IQ180 is only fed SanDisk Extreme Pro cards of 32GB and 64GB kinds and they work most excellently with no problems, they are quite fast enough for the 80 to me.

fotografz

If I recall correctly, Hasselblad recommends Sandisk, and usually includes Sandisk with the bundle kits.

I shoot a H4D/60 and use Sandisk 32 GB Extreme Pro CF, UDMA-6. 90mb/s

I had one issue over a year ago, but it was either a user error on my part that corrupted the card, or I got stuck with a counterfeit card. No issues before or since then.

The card readers I use are Lexar Pro FW800 which can be daisy chained allowing up to 4 cards to be downloaded at once.

I do not think the ultra fast cards are all that useful in the camera as much as they are downloading them in the card-reader.

-Marc

BANKER1

Marc,

Funny, but I also use the SanDisk 32 GB Extreme Pro CF, UDMA-6 cards with the Lexar Pro FW800 card reader. So far, so good. I have had no issues with my H4D60.

Greg