The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

645DF Firmware 1.55

Craig Stocks

Has anyone else found problems with the new firmware V1.55? I installed it hoping it would finally fix the mirror-lockup bug. I haven't used it enough to confirm one way or the other, but there seems to be a new bug. The focus confirmation symbols in the viewfinder disappear as soon as you move the selector to the MUP setting. (Phase One 645DF, P65+ back, various lenses including Schneider 80MM LS.)

Are there any other new bugs in this "latest and greatest" release?

Why can't Phase One seem to properly test their firmware with their own bodies and backs before they release it?

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I have been using FW 1.55 for about a week with no problems at all. You're right about the focus symbol - but I never noticed whether it worked that way before I upgraded!

I don't find it of any consequence though - the "beep" still sounds and I generally focus before moving the selector to MU anyway.

Bill