The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax 645 Camera Problem, Please help! :)

haring

I have a Contax 645. I have the battery grip for it so I power it with 4 rechargeable AA batteries.

The problem: sometimes without any explanation the yellow exposure scale in the viewfinder goes blank. The f/ numbers and shutter speed info disappear in the viewfinder and the whole camera goes blank. I try to press the shutter button but all I can hear is a clicking noise. I keep trying and all of the sudden the viewfinder is back and I can see the exposure, shutter speed, etc. I have tried to change the batteries and replace them with freshly charged ones but I don't think that the low battery is the problem. I have another Contax 645 and that works without problems with the batteries.

Did this ever happen to you? How can I fix it? I can't rely on the camera if it just decides not to show me exposure, shutter speed, etc info. It always comes back but some times it takes 4-5 minutes... What to do?

Thanks for helping!

C

cubitus

Hi, did you check the contacts between the battery pack and the body. They do bend easily in the wrong direction for example too far inward. For that reason I keep my battery pack on all the time. I do hope it is not a more serious problem.

Kevin Sink

I had a similar problem, and it was the contacts between the lens and the camera body. If they get dirty, the whole camera shuts down - often at the most inopportune times of course. There is a special cleaning solution to use, and I'd get some advice on that. I take it to my camera repair guy.

Kevin

RodK

The audio/stereo companies make this solution. I use one called: 'Tweak'.
It is great for all contact situations.
Rod

Last edited: