The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7.0.2 released

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
It seems to be working OK for me, though I haven't processed many files yet. So far, so good - but I too am curious as to why the warning.

???

Bill
10.6 is officially supported, but development and testing is definitely focused on 10.7 and 10.8. We (Digital Transitions) definitely recommend 10.7 or 10.8 with an increasing tendency to recommend 10.8 over 10.7.

Also a lot of the improvements in Capture One v7 come from using technologies/hooks that are only offered in 10.7/10.8. So you'd want to be running those for best performance anyway.

N

NewbieMF

Thanks Steve, took every bit of a minute and I was up and running

10.6 is officially supported, but development and testing is definitely focused on 10.7 and 10.8. We (Digital Transitions) definitely recommend 10.7 or 10.8 with an increasing tendency to recommend 10.8 over 10.7.

Also a lot of the improvements in Capture One v7 come from using technologies/hooks that are only offered in 10.7/10.8. So you'd want to be running those for best performance anyway.
I just followed this advice and upgraded to 10.8 (from 10.6) and wow! There is a great usability difference, sliders react so much more smoothly now. It feels like having a new computer again (on a MBP for those interested). Thanks!

jagsiva

I am on 10.8 and upgraded to 7.0.2.

I am processing some IQ180 files with LCC's. When going to "output" some files process, but others give me a error "Could not process file".

I can create the LCC, and apply to the target file. However some files cannot be processed. Sometimes it crashes the system, other times it gives me this error. Strange thing is that some files from the same are processing just fine.

The log shows:
Description "There was an error during the processing of the output file."
domain: com.phaseone.captureone
Code: "1"

Any thoughts?

Cheers...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

You're right (as usual!) Doug. I upgraded to 10.8 today and things are moving much faster! Thanks for the advice.
Bill

scatesmd

Workshop Member
I am on 10.8 and upgraded to 7.0.2.

I am processing some IQ180 files with LCC's. When going to "output" some files process, but others give me a error "Could not process file".

I can create the LCC, and apply to the target file. However some files cannot be processed. Sometimes it crashes the system, other times it gives me this error. Strange thing is that some files from the same are processing just fine.

The log shows:
Description "There was an error during the processing of the output file."
domain: com.phaseone.captureone
Code: "1"

I have had the same issue using MacbookPro and 7.02. In addition, I have had crashes after session creation, lack of ability of the main window to snap into focus, lack of image update with adjustments in the main window that I see on the filmstrip, ten minute waits for tool changes. The activity wheel just keeps on spinning for hours. OpenCL on or off does not matter, have re-installed, etc, without change. For me, looks like I need 7.03 unless there is some setting I don't know of that I am overlooking, which is easily possible!

Steve

jagsiva

Steve, the files process fine on C1 7.0.2 on my mac pro with the same version of OS. It could be that my MB Retina has some remnants of an older version. D800 files process fine. I have not had time to debug it further, so dust been doing the IQ files on the mac pro.

I did send the details to Phase.

etrump

I also noticed that rendering full res views on retina mbp took twice as long as 7.0.1. Could it be a retina display driver bug in 7.0.2?

scatesmd

Workshop Member
I also noticed that rendering full res views on retina mbp took twice as long as 7.0.1. Could it be a retina display driver bug in 7.0.2?
I think it is proximal to that, as my mbp is the model before the retina display and full rendering is taking much longer to occur on choosing a file, indefinite time to render once an adjustment is made and it needs to update.

Thanks, Steve

etrump

I think it is proximal to that, as my mbp is the model before the retina display and full rendering is taking much longer to occur on choosing a file, indefinite time to render once an adjustment is made and it needs to update.

Thanks, Steve
That is what I am seeing as well. Must be a macbook pro issue as I don't see it on my 27" iMac.