The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7.0.2 released

lkuhlmann

I am happy to announce the release of Capture One 7.0.2

Features:

• Support for Fuji X-Pro1, X-E1, XF1 .
  • Canon EOS M.
  • sRaw and mRaw support Canon EOS 1D X, 5D Mark III and 6D .
  • Olympus XZ-2 iHS.
  • Sony SLT-A57.
  • Improved stability.
  • Improved support for pen tablets on Windows 8.

Download Capture One Pro 7

-Lionel :)

etrump

C1 supporting Fuji's X-trans sensors is pretty impressive. Anyone have any experience with one of the cameras using this sensor?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I've been using the beta for a few weeks now and it does a great job with both the X-Pro1 and X-E1. Previously I had been running the RAF and JPGs through lightroom as this was the best option for me in the absence of Capture One support. I didn't really like using any of the other converters such as RPP and Silkypix - mainly because I didn't want to learn a new app and also because I didn't like their workflows.

With Adobe ACR supporting the Fuji I was hopeful that it would do a good job rendering the RAF files but in reality I found myself more often than not using the jpg. The Adobe rendering of foliage details was very disturbing due to smearing, plus I found that reds were over vivid and also smeared in shadow areas. The jpgs by comparison looked a lot better. Capture One is much much better with it's rendering of reds in my comparison images and has less of the smearing of foliage details from what I've seen with the beta. I was able to return to using the RAF raw files vs jpgs and may stop capturing them any more.

The best thing is that I can now go back to using one raw converter to handle all of my file formats for the cameras I own - Phase One, Leaf, Nikon and now Fuji X-Pro1 / X-E1.

With respect to the Fuji cameras, I'm a big fan of the colour rendering and most importantly the usability. I particularly like the handling of the X-Pro1 vs X-E1 in my hands - I like the greater heft of the X-Pro1 particularly with the RRS L grip that I use on it. Fuji's glass has been excellent with even the new 18-55 zoom living up to expectations. I use a Voigtlander 12mm for super wide and a Zeiss 85/4 for a longer telephoto - both in M mount with an adapter. The 35mm is a very sharp optic and I also like the 18mm a lot and that was more often my go-to lens. The 60 macro is also a nice lens but is significantly bulkier than it's other siblings when the hood is added. As mentioned, the new image stabilized zoom is a very nice package on the X-Pro1 but I found it lens heavy on the X-E1. I actually leave my 35mm or 18mm on the X-E1 as it's a better balanced package with the smaller lens.

There's a lot more feedback on the cameras over in the Fuji section. I'm a fan but there are folks there turning out some great work with these cameras. They are what I would regard as photographer friendly cameras vs a lot of the m4/3rds that always felt like Japanese technical appliances IMHO.

Last edited:

dizzyg44

I haven't had a chance to try mine out in C1pro7 yet, but mirror Grahams comments all around. I love my Xpro1! The handling is awesome, glass is stellar and can use nearly any other lens out there with adapter.

As mentioned above, Silkypix Sucked and LR was ok at best unless dealing with lots of greens in fine detail....

It also makes an awesome IR camera as well!

kdphotography

.... a lot of the m4/3rds that always felt like Japanese technical appliances IMHO.
I've always had fun with my GF1, particularly the IR converted GF1. But I was at a loss how to describe that empty feeling when it came to more serious photography with the standard GF1.

I think your apt description here does it. Thanks, Graham, You have ruined the m 4/3 experience for me in one fell swoop. :rolleyes:

(Ok, so I can give my son the regular GF1 and get the XPro1 and then I....)

:D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Now that C1 supports it I may look at the Fuji cams now. I want one raw processor period in my life and I simply will not buy anything unless C1 supports it or is going to.

Side note : I have been very absent from the forum I was away and also a big emergency came up here with my family and I am still dealing with that so I'm trying to get back home here but its been tough on my time.

malmac

Guy

All the best with your current situation.

You have been missed by me and I am sure most others as well.

Look forward to having you back in the near future.

Mal

dizzyg44

So no anti-alias or IR cut on the X-Pro1?
It does have an IR Cut filter, but it's rather weak.

Throw that in with stellar noise control (seriously cleanest files I've ever seen), and EVF mode, you have a kit you can compose and focus accurately and handhold

N

NewbieMF

Using the DB option how do you update, I click on it and it does nothing.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Using the DB option how do you update, I click on it and it does nothing.
On a Mac you have to go to preferences and there you'll see update and on that dialog you'll see the latest version number as a download link which, err, doesn't. It'll take you to Phase One's web site and you can download the latest version.

N

NewbieMF

On a Mac you have to go to preferences and there you'll see update and on that dialog you'll see the latest version number as a download link which, err, doesn't. It'll take you to Phase One's web site and you can download the latest version.
I tried clicking on the 7.0.2 and it doesn't do anything

thomas

Is it clear that there's an upgrade to the DB version?
yes. DB and Pro are essentially the same Software. By entering your serial number certain features get unlocked for the Pro version (similar to Adobe's Creative Suite where the serial enables the "extended" or the "regular" version)