The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New 90mm Rodenstock Alpa HR 'Alpagon' ?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you for your hint .:thumbup:
I was not aware of that thread . Interesting .
I assume , that other HR-DIGARON lenses will be redesigned as well .

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Rodenstock used to mention that they had produced new lenses that accommodated the optical properties of the digital sensor glass and also with better than 80 lp/mm in HR-W. However, the 70 HR-W and 90 HR-W were renamed versions of the existing APO-Sironars since at the time they thought that they were good enough as-is. Presumably since they updated the 90mm with the 90 HR-SW, they'll also update the 70/5.6 HR-W now too??

All I know is that they all cost an arm and a leg ...

Personally I would like a new 50 to fill in the gap between my 32 and 90 :)

Rodenstock used to mention that they had produced new lenses that accommodated the optical properties of the digital sensor glass and also with better than 80 lp/mm in HR-W. However, the 70 HR-W and 90 HR-W were renamed versions of the existing APO-Sironars since at the time they thought that they were good enough as-is. Presumably since they updated the 90mm with the 90 HR-SW, they'll also update the 70/5.6 HR-W now too??

All I know is that they all cost an arm and a leg ...

goesbang

I dream of a 19mm HR-W Alpagon.....{sigh}. The 23HR-S is my fave lens but sometimes even it just isn't wide enough.

etrump

Not listening...

My pack is too heavy already and this talk of best ever is hazardous to my wallet. :D