The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Invention needed: firewire tether adapter and app for IPAD!

mmbma

Inventors, we need your ingenuity to come up with an adapter that connects the lightning port of the new iPads/iphones and firewire. Imagine if we could tether our medium format digital backs to retina iPads and use flex color /capture on the ipad. The new ipads come with quite a bit of horse power and the app could be the barebone versions of these softwares. I am tired of carrying my laptops into the field!

I bet people are willing to pay hundreds for a solution like this

mmbma

Well, i realize that there's a solution currently available for DSLRs, called cameramator. It cannot be that hard to adopt it for medium format backs!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
especially if it comes with an assistant to hold the iPad.
Actually I think I need a sherpa more.
-bob

etrump

especially if it comes with an assistant to hold the iPad.
Actually I think I need a sherpa more.
-bob
I have found Sherpas can hold a laptop good enough so you kill two birds with one stone. When hiring an assistant girth trumps iq every time. :ROTFL:

gerald.d

All that's really needed is for the USB 3 port to work, and then get the Surface Pro when it's released later this month.

All that's really needed is for the USB 3 port to work, and then get the Surface Pro when it's released later this month.
but what about older backs without usb3? :toocool:

unfortunately my hassy back is powered by the firewire connection in the field on my rm3di. so i would need some y-adapter to plug two cables in the socket of the back. one for power and one for data, cause the ipad can't power it.

i would be willing to pay quite a lot to use an ipad for instant image control :salute:

alan_w_george

Inventors, we need your ingenuity to come up with an adapter that connects the lightning port of the new iPads/iphones and firewire. Imagine if we could tether our medium format digital backs to retina iPads and use flex color /capture on the ipad. The new ipads come with quite a bit of horse power and the app could be the barebone versions of these softwares. I am tired of carrying my laptops into the field!

I bet people are willing to pay hundreds for a solution like this
My IQ180 seems to have an iPhone screen built in to it already:)

For iPad on location...

IQ180---FW800--->Mac Book Pro (Capture One)---WiFi (Verizon MyFi Device)--->iPad (Capture Pilot)-->client:)

All can be run off battery power.