The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7

Don Libby

Not certain where to post this question so thought I'd start here...

When shooting tethered does C1 allow for saving the file to the back or does it require to the computer.

Thinking of the future when USB 3 works...

Don

jagsiva

Doug, when I tried this by selecting the CF storage option when tethered, the camera disconnects. Not sure if this true when the back is attached to a DF, I tried it with a tech cam.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug, when I tried this by selecting the CF storage option when tethered, the camera disconnects. Not sure if this true when the back is attached to a DF, I tried it with a tech cam.
Correct.

Since you can shoot to the computer or the card but not both.

If you select to shoot to CF card (rather than "autodetect") then it will disconnect from the computer.

jagsiva

Correct.

If you select to shoot to CF card (rather than "autodetect") then it will disconnect from the computer.
Ah, thanks Doug. I was looking for the possibility of being tethered for Live View, and still shooting to the card in the camera. I download files to a mac pro, rather than my laptop, so from a workflow standpoint, would have been just a tad easier.

Thanks..

Don Libby

Correct.

Well that answers my question as well. The thought process was to tether to a small tablet like the Surface Pro (has a USB 3 port) for live view and critical focusing on the WRS. I'd rather keep saving the file to the back but it looks like that's a no go.

dizzyg44

I wish there was the option to write to the card with priority and to the computer with a lower IO priority.....

I've lost and had quite a few corrupt images when C1 goes screwy while tethering. I haven't shot my new back a lot tethered to run in to it, but did a lot with my old Aptus 22. It was real easy to overshoot the back