The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One P65 Plus Sneak Peak

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm at San Jose airport waiting to fly home and Bob must have ordered a P65 Plus i guess at least he gave a down payment with the shirt off his back.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

BTW thanks everyone for looking and making comments on these. We thought it was important to give you folks the low down on this back and it certainly will be something to look at for some folks and it also reminds us of keeping our feet planted firmly on the ground as what to expect from these backs . This also gives a better chance to determine what your needs are and what you don't need. I know Jack and i want our members to make smart buying decisions no matter what brand or what kind of system. This is again one piece of the puzzle to the end result.

Okay time to board flight to go home . Special thanks to Lance Schad, Steve Hendrix and to my best bud Jack for giving me a chance to play with the P65 Plus and give our members our thoughts.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:Inquiring minds want to know?:ROTFL:
Nothing so involved as that,
You see, I get these model portfolios from time to time, and all the ladies are dressed in their underwear or less. One of them asked what I looked like, so I shot this with the camera in my macbook. Just truth in advertising in a way...
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Well I came home to my 30 inch display and a computer that can actually handle these files. Our laptops which are MPB certainly where taking there time to process stuff and being on 15 inch screens was certainly hard to truly see what these files look like. Anyway i found a extra shot that I did nothing with at all and just processed it. Pretty amazing DR here but if I processed this for real i would actually add black to it. This was very early in the morning and handheld at 1/200 at 6.8 with my 150 2.8 from across the street. Pretty interesting. Who needs reading glasses.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

This crop here is pretty scary with regards to DR. That is some detail being shown in some pretty deep shadows

Guy Mancuso

Just a FYI . We will have a P65+ full production unit at the Moab workshop in January along with all the Phase backs , Cambo's, Silvestri's and anything else we can get from the OEM's to demo and have our workshop members use. Great chance to try this stuff out first and in the process get a real learning experience.Not to mention all the great images to go home with. We need 2 more folks to make this a go. Our deadline is December 10th and give me a nice BD present today and sign up. LOL

BTW this is on the Capture Integration site http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/12/02/p65-test-out-west/

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Happy Birthday, Guy. Thanks for bringing us this sneak peak. I really appreciate it that you and Jack keep us up to date.:clap:

Guy Mancuso

Thanks folks . Let's just hope this time next year we are all happy , healthy and we can survive this downturn.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Still would like to know if there is any possibility of mounting any of those new Leica S2 lenses on the back ... any more details out there on the Phase/Leica partnership?

Guy Mancuso

Nothing in the wind yet Kurt maybe by January when Leica starts announcing Pro service we will hear something. Until than i will just carry on to be honest not sure i want to do this the third time with Leica out of the gate. Getting old. LOL

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I completely understand where you are coming from ... I'm just fantasizing about how nice it would be to have the option of a few Leica lenses to attach to what looks to be an excellent sensor.

C

carbonmetrictree

The detail in the images is pretty incredible, almost scary.

So how long did it take for the cops to show up when one of you ran with the P65+ after distracting Lance for a few seconds?

Man, I really want one.

eleanorbrown

Has anyone done any 2 minute or so exposures with the 65+ at iso 50? Would love to hear specific results....re: noise, black pixel speckles, etc etc. Eleanor