The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dry fire AFDII

smhoer

Does anyone know a way to dry fire a Mamiya AFDII without a digital or film back attached? I could not find anything using search or the AFDII manual. I purchased an AFDII body and wanted to test it. I did not get a film back and my P45 is currently for a Hassy H (going thru a mount swap when Phase can find me a Mamiya mount).

I just wanted to test shutter function and my lenses until the back swap can be done.

Scott H.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Does anyone know a way to dry fire a Mamiya AFDII without a digital or film back attached? I could not find anything using search or the AFDII manual. I purchased an AFDII body and wanted to test it.
As far as I know there is not. Please, anyone that knows better correct me.

Then again a banged up film back for the Mamiya is only $40+shipping from KEH and I think you could find it cheaper than that. There is a custom function that will let you fire if a film back is attached but has no film.

Doug

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio