The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New Leica S

zoomstop

Folks, took the new S for a test drive today. It has the same sensor as my existing S2-P, just a bit faster from a processing perspective, New menu system with a joystick for when you are viewing images, you can pan around. Additionally is has a built in GPS and a slightly different skin or finish (But smother the the S2). The dropped the Safire glass and added Gorilla glass on the monitor. Thats it, will be around $22K.

Also, i did pick up my new 70mm CS glass. The trading process worked seamlessly, Printed the form, took it in to my dealer, they traded it in plus $1K.

A few Pix.

Testing the New Lecia S by David Miskinyar, on Flickr

Testing the New Lecia S by David Miskinyar, on Flickr

D&A

David, the young lady looks familar :). Although I've done some cursory shooting with both the original S2 on a number of occasions and now the S, I can fully identify with your conclusion about the refinement of the S and I felt the workflow while actually shooting with the camera, was a bit more seemless with the new model. Nicely done David!

I have some comparitive images taken with the Leica S vs. Pentax 645D using both system's 120mm macro lenses. Haven't yet downloaded the respective images, but hope to post a few pairs.

Dave (D&A)

Ben Rubinstein

Got a feeling that if you can shoot like that and process like that no camera is every going to be more than just a tool in your hands. Really love the tonality of these pics.