The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad CF 100/3.5 Vs. F 110/2

danlindberg

My experience with V lenses are all CF - 40, 80, 120, 250, 350 and would like some advice from users of the lenses in the title!

The F 110/2 seems really interesting but I read that the Cf 100/3.5 is among the best performing lenses of them all. I cannot find the image circle of the lenses? Does anybody know?

Which one would you choose in combination with the Credo 60? I want the f2 but will reconsider if the slower lens has more resolving power (and maybe larger image circle?)

Pros and cons appreciated between these two contenders! :D

vickko

Well, first obvious thing is that the 110mm f2 won't have a shutter, it was made for the SLR Hasselblad cameras.

I don't know the precise image circle, but the 110 and 100 will both cover 6x6cm.

I love my 110mm f2 lens, for its beautiful bokeh and crisp depth of field. I shoot it more often than the 100mm, because the 110 is natively mated to my 203fe.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I have both lenses and while I love the FE110 for its wonderful bokeh I prefer the CF100 because my work is more technical oriented .
Both lenses give very Good results when used with my CFV-50 but I don't know
how they perform with 60MB or even 80MB backs .

yatlee

I used to have both (100mm CFE to be exact) and tried them on IQ180 via a 645DF with adaptor. Resolving power on the CFE is a much better. Not quite schneider LS quality, but close. If you don't need Hasselblad V mount lens, try the Pentax 67 lens - 105mm F2.4. Cheap and even resolve better than 100 CFE.

PSon

The 100mm is a CFi not CFE. This lens is an architectural lens so its best performance is mid distance and at infinity.

The 110mm FE is an impact lens especially for portrait. Thus it's performance is extradinarily at close up for bokeh and resolution.

The Pentax 67 105mm is a nice lens as well. This lens is also the fastest 67 format lens for fashion and portrait.

Thus, it all depends on your subject.

Last edited:

bensonga

Just thinking aloud here...after reading these posts, I really should mount my Hasselblad CFi 100/3.5 and Pentax 67 SMCP 105/2.4 on my Nikon D800e for a quick comparison. Unfortunately, I don't have a Hasselblad 110/2 lens to include. :-(

I will say that the 100/3.5 lens has performed very well on my CFV-16II.....wish I could mount it on a CFV-50 like Jurgen. Heck, I'd be happy to put it on a CFV-39!

Gary

PSon

Hi Yat I know all these C, C T*, CF, CB, CFi, CFE, F and FE could be mixed up.
Very nice bokeh.

Gary, the CFV16 digital backs are special. Here is one combination for you. Hasselblad CFV16 digital back + Hasselblad 205TCC + Rollei 180mm F2.8

bensonga

I do like the CFV-16 and will never part with mine...but I would love to have a CFV-39 or CFV-50 too!

Re the CFi 100mm lens....here's one of mine shot with that lens and the lowly CFV-16.

I really need to get out more often and shoot with this lens/back combo.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Gary

You shoud be happy to still have your CFV-16 .
I traded mine in when I got the CFV-39 but have already regretted that many times .
Back to the CF3,5/100 , which I have . I have never seen a table from CZ to show the image circles of their lenses , but I could not see any loss of light to the corners and the distortion is very low .
What I like with that lens is that it resolves finest details and the rather high contrast .
Is there a big difference between the CF3,5/100 and the CFi3,5/100 ? ? ? if any .

mmbma

Sorry to distract from topic. But I too regretted in getting the CFV39. Somehow I just can't hoax the sharpness out of this back combined with the 80mm CFE lens. tried in almost every condition with tripod and mirror up. I'm thinking of selling it and getting a CFV16. that back is hard to find these days.

Gary

You shoud be happy to still have your CFV-16 .
I traded mine in when I got the CFV-39 but have already regretted that many times .
Back to the CF3,5/100 , which I have . I have never seen a table from CZ to show the image circles of their lenses , but I could not see any loss of light to the corners and the distortion is very low .
What I like with that lens is that it resolves finest details and the rather high contrast .
Is there a big difference between the CF3,5/100 and the CFi3,5/100 ? ? ? if any .

wesley

Dan,

If you're considering image circle on V lenses, no matter shutter or shutterless... I can smell your Alpa FPS module... aren't you?

Currently I have both FE110/2 and the old C 100/3.5 T* in silver rim. Simple comment from me: C100 works great on Hassy body & CFV16; FE110 is shinning on adapted body, which I use Mamiya AFD2 and P40+.

Here are some shots to show the FE110 adapted on Mamiya AFDII, P40+, ISO800 Sensor+, all wide open

IMG_0050 by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr

IMG_0039 by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr

IMG_0051 by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr

danlindberg

Dan,

If you're considering image circle on V lenses, no matter shutter or shutterless... I can smell your Alpa FPS module... aren't you?
:D That was sharp!

The Alpa FPS is indeed intriguing and yes, I am studying 'if and why' I would need one :) There seems to be plentiful of possibilities and a great complement to my classic Alpa bodies.
Talking about the Hasselblad V lenses I could use the FPS as a shutter module in combination with any of my exisitng bodies. If I want to keep a small package I can mount the TC and have a walk-about with a CF 50, CF 80 or CF100! And should the V lenses have enough imagecircle AND resolving power, then I can use the FPS together with the MAX for movements. Tilt is there all the time!

Imagine my Hasselblad CF 350/5.6 with the FPS and Credo 60 - now that is pretty cool :thumbup:

On top of all possibilities, I actually find the FPS reasonably priced for what it is and what it can do!
I am still at the 'studying phase' but it sure looks tempting....