The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

how much of a premium does IQ160 command over P65+

mmbma

How much would I expect to pay in addition to the P65+, that is. I am looking at a back and wonder how much it would cost me to get the improved workflow features

Valentin

Phase has a promotion going right now that you get a free DF, 80LS and another free lens when you get a new IQ160. I don't know the price difference between the two, but you should take this into consideration as well. I wish I had the money :)

gazwas

In the UK the difference is quite significant especially to a none VAT registered customer. The special price until the end if Feb for an IQ160/DF/80LS with one year warranty plus free lens is £22K + 20% VAT = £26,400.

I'm trying to sell a P65/DF/80LS on these forums for £11,894 meaning you are paying £14,400 for a free lens and warranty and fancy screen. Output is identical between the two cameras - stunning!

So all depends on how you value the additions your extra £14,400 will bring.

I'm now thinking of using mine as an upgrade against an IQ back as I'm only getting low offers for mine as I assume that is what most other people want to use it for.

Last edited:

archivue

here in france you can have a brand new kit consisting of :
Phase One P65+
645DF+
80mm Schneider

Normal price : 32 280,04 €
Special price :
14 990,00 € Ex VAT
17 928,04 € Including VAT

so is getting very difficult to sell a second hand P65+ for a good price !

Digital backs loose their value quite quickly !
So at the present time, an IQ 160 cost more than twice the price of an IQ160...

Kit Phase One IQ 160 + 645DF + 80mm Schneider
38 260,04 € TTC
31 990,00 € HT

etrump

Also depends what type of shooting you do. On a tech camera the feature set of the IQ are worth a lot.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Get the P65+. A lot cheaper, same IQ, batteries last much longer. I miss mine.
Funny my IQ 160 was much better with batteries over my P40.

Price difference at one time new was 10k but not sure now with all the upgrade paths going on right now. I'd check with the dealers.

For me the IQ feature set was far and away worth the upgrade over the P series but only you can decide that. I would not buy a tech cam until the IQ came out. Cuts the guess work out for me.

Pics2

I had different experience (I bought IQ160 two months ago, although I was looking for P65+). Difference in price between the two was around 15% on the used market (this forum members). P65+ was in big demand at the moment, so sellers overrated it. I decided that the price difference is not significant, so I went for the newer one.
Get the P65+. A lot cheaper, same IQ, batteries last much longer. I miss mine.

rayyen

I'm puzzling by similar issues too, I'm currently using P45+, my friend give me a good deal to upgrade to IQ160... I'm using ALPA system, and I even sold my DF kit set not too long ago.
Can anyone share wisdom with me? Special offer end by Feb...I'm troubled...

gazwas

Can anyone share wisdom with me? Special offer end by Feb...I'm troubled...
Phase dealer promotion (at least in UK) until the end of Feb where you get either a free lens (any) or upgraded 5 year warranty with any IQ160/180 camera system (DF+ and 80LS).

rayyen

Thanks Gareth,

That's kind of the offer I have here in Hong Kong. The problem is,
I'm very satisfy with my P45+, I use SK lens, but recently, I bought a tilt adaptor for a Rodie lens on ALPA, then I start thinking whether IQ back with LV is a great deal to justify the upgrade.

Seriously, I love the P+ 4 buttons design, touch screen doesn't means much to me, LV however, seems to be a big thing... so as I heard from many others sharing here...

Troubled, worth the upgrade? Will I need to replace all my SK lens with Rodie lens?

Ray

lance_schad

Workshop Member
How much would I expect to pay in addition to the P65+, that is. I am looking at a back and wonder how much it would cost me to get the improved workflow features
The IQ160 is currently priced at $36,990 and a new P65+ is priced at $32,990, and refurbished P65+'s have a suggested list price of $23,990. We have been running a special on the refurbished 65+'s for $19,990 w/ one year warranty(plus some exclusive other promos).

Currently through 2/28/13 there is a special running on the IQ160, where you get a DF+Kit w/ 80mm LS included and your choice of a lens or Value Added Warranty for $36,990 (unto $9,000 value).

Since the price of the P65+ refurbs have dropped to around $20k and have a factory warranty we have only sold a new ones in cases where the client could not purchases used gear (gov't,edu,etc.)

As far as upgrading a P65+ to a IQ160 it would be percent per megapixel value.

Hope this has anwered your questions.

Best Regards,

Lance (email me)

gazwas

Seriously, I love the P+ 4 buttons design, touch screen doesn't means much to me, LV however, seems to be a big thing... so as I heard from many others sharing here...
Not sure how effective LV would be for focusing with tilt as we are only talking about a 3" screen on the IQ backs. Also finding the correct plane may be difficult if you need to stop down the lens to get it all to work.

IMO, LV is the last feature worthy of note in the IQ backs.